PDA

View Full Version : TMI - yeast infections

twowhat?
04-01-2014, 10:54 PM
How long should it take for symptom relief with OTC treatments (assuming yeast is, in fact, the culprit)? I'm using the 7-day one. I'm on day 4...still itchy:(

BunnyBee
04-01-2014, 11:19 PM
It's taken me to the end of treatment. AZO makes an OTC oral yeast treatment that I take in addition to the physical treatment. Hope you get relief soon. They suck!!!

Mikey0709
04-02-2014, 09:12 AM
I agree - i suck up the price and buy the 1 or 3 day one.... and i get pissy when the 3 day doesn't work in 2 days..... stick with it :(

almostmom
04-02-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm a fan of getting the diflucan pill from my doc. The OTC stuff doesn't do it for me...

twowhat?
04-02-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm a fan of getting the diflucan pill from my doc. The OTC stuff doesn't do it for me...

I asked - they want me to try the OTC first. Hoping it just needs a couple more days...if it doesn't work I'll call back. Ugh. I've never had a yeast infection before (that I knew of). Ever!!! (assuming this is what it is...).

mackmama
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I can't use the OTC creams since I am sensitive or possibly allergic to one of the ingredients in them. Perhaps you are too. I use a Rx cream called Terazol and get relief by the next day (it's a 7-day cream).

twowhat?
04-02-2014, 11:00 PM
I can't use the OTC creams since I am sensitive or possibly allergic to one of the ingredients in them. Perhaps you are too. I use a Rx cream called Terazol and get relief by the next day (it's a 7-day cream).

Huh that is a possibility. I am still itchy and it's day 6. I'll call the doc tomorrow.