PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Playa del Carmen? Car seat & activity questions

mmsmom
04-03-2014, 05:03 PM
We are going to a resort in Playa del Carmen for a week. First a car seat question: We have private transportation from the Cancun airport to the resort which they say is a 45 minute drive. I will call to see if the transportation company can provide boosters but if not wondering if I should buy & bring Bubblebums? I'm not sure if there will even be shoulder belts available. DS is 7 and in a HBB, DD is 5 and still harnessed but I'm okay w/ her being in a booster for this trip. She is 43" and 39 lbs.

We will mostly stay at the resort but we also may do some off resort activities and will take taxis or provided transporation. I am thinking we could use the Bubblebums for this too but also wondering if there will even be shoulder belts in these vehicles?

Also, are there any recommended activities? I would like the kids to experience something historical/ cultural in the area.

ZeeBaby
04-05-2014, 04:54 PM
We went to Playa del Carmen without the kids. Most of the taxis we took had shoulder belts and pretty late model cars. I would recommend the bubble bums. Easier to travel with and the rises are pretty short. Longest was from the airport to hotel and we took a coach. I would think the bubble bums would work in your private transport too.