PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your favorite flip flops

happy2bamom
04-04-2014, 08:03 PM
I LOVE Fit Flops. I have several pair and wear them all the time. I have lower back problems so I have to wear sensible shoes. I can wear Fit Flops all day and not have any back issues. The problem is that I can't buy them anywhere locally and the last paired I purchased were horribly uncomfortable. I don't know why they were so different, but I don't want to spend that much money on another pair of shoes that I can't wear. So... what are your favorite brand of flip flops that offer support. TIA

MMMommy
04-04-2014, 08:19 PM
They do not provide a lot of support, but I find Havaianas to be comfortable. Our local Costco had the Havaianas Slim in both black and red today for $9.99. I think they normally retail for $26.

AnnieW625
04-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Crocs Athens flip flops, and Reef for leather flip flops.
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-athens/10024,default,pd.html

You can order the Crocs off of Amazon and sometimes they are free returns as well.

georgiegirl
04-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Clark's regular flip flops are super comfy. They vary slightly from year to year.

Here's an amazon link. You can see they have great reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Breeze-Sea-Flip/dp/B00E4HZVXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396657746&sr=8-1&keywords=clark%27s+flip+flops

JBaxter
04-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Sanuk yoga mat flip flop are my all time favs!! I get them off season for like $ 20. http://www.amazon.com/Sanuk-Womens-Yoga-Flip-Brown/dp/B0013MUS9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1396658337&sr=1-1&keywords=sanuk+flip+flop

gymnbomb
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
I also love the Clark's flip flops that georgiegirl linked to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jen841
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Orthoheels rock! I have defective feet and these are a dream. I buy them on QVC.

carolinacool
04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Sanuk yoga mat flip flop are my all time favs!! I get them off season for like $ 20. http://www.amazon.com/Sanuk-Womens-Yoga-Flip-Brown/dp/B0013MUS9C/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1396658337&sr=1-1&keywords=sanuk+flip+flop

I just bought these the other day at DSW. I've only worn them once, but they were super comfy. After I bought them, I went back to work after lunch and I went on Amazon to read the reviews. This must have been Tuesday, and they had several colors on sale for $14. I assumed that was what they went for normally on Amazon, and I was kicking myself because I paid $20 after a $10 coupon from DSW! Man, I wish I had bought a pair in another color!

Kindra178
04-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I have old Reef leather flips that I love. I also love regular Reefs with the thicker strap.

Mikey0709
04-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Another orthaheel fan.... Flip flops are called "tide"!

urquie
04-05-2014, 12:22 AM
I love teva mush flip flops! So comfy and you can get them wet. The Sanuk yoga mat shoes, mentioned up thread have tons of reviews on amazon and I was all set to try a pair, until I read that they are problematic if they get wet.

Tevas - http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-Mush-Flip-Vineyard/dp/B008HEANXK/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1396671291&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=Tea+mush

happy2bamom
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Thank you all so so much!!

Tenasparkl
04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
The Sanuk yoga mat shoes, mentioned up thread have tons of reviews on amazon and I was all set to try a pair, until I read that they are problematic if they get wet
Yes! I have a pair and they are super comfy, but I wore them playing with the kids at a splash park and they got really foamy/soapy when they got wet. It was bizarre! My feet were suddenly covered in suds. It was absolutely the flip flops as it didn't happen to anyone else.

hillview
04-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Orthoheels rock! I have defective feet and these are a dream. I buy them on QVC.

Another orthaheel fan.... Flip flops are called "tide"!

:yeahthat:

hellokitty
04-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Orthaheels

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

barkley1
04-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Teva Mush flip flops are amazing. Most comfy I've ever owned.

JBaxter
04-05-2014, 02:46 PM
OMG... Ok So I looked up orthaheels. $70 is out of my price range for flipflops.

VClute
04-05-2014, 03:05 PM
OMG... Ok So I looked up orthaheels. $70 is out of my price range for flipflops.

I know. They're pricey. But for foot issues like mine, they are SO WORTH IT. I'm another Orthaheels fan. I have TWO pairs now. The tide ones and a slightly dressier pair: http://www.qvc.com/Vionic-w-Orthaheel-Lola-Orthotic-Thong-Sandals-w-Metal-Detail-Orthaheel.product.A221499.html?sc=A221499-&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-22-_-A221499&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/99/a221499.001?$uslarge$

Since these are pretty much the only shoes I wear now in warmer weather when I'm not at work, the cost-per-wear is really low.

hellokitty
04-05-2014, 03:51 PM

No, you don't understand. I am a die hard comfy shoe person, b/c I have seriously fussy feet. Orthaheels are basically one of the ONLY flip flops that I can wear, that do not cause my feet any sort of discomfort. Tevas, while not as bad as cheapy flip flops, still make my feet hurt, I actually threw mine out, b/c after I got orthaheels, I realized how awesome they were. Awesome enough that it what I wore at WDW, and I am NOT someone who splurges on shoes, but the orthaheels are worth it and to help with the price issue, I have had mine for two yrs and love them and they do not look worn out at all, so these are not the kind of flip flops you wear for one summer and toss. Try them out. I have three pairs, they are like therapy if you have fussy feet, and esp if you want to avoid some of the more, chunkier looking orthopaedic sandals, like birkenstocks, earth shoes, etc.. For the support they provide, they are actually quite compact shoes.

KDsMommy
04-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I LOVE my Crocs Athens, and we wear flip flops a lot here in FL!

Mikey0709
04-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah... I would probably pay $100 for my orthaheels.... I can walk all day in them and then some.

pastrygirl
04-05-2014, 06:29 PM
^^Agree about the Orthaheels! I would wear them for all-day serious walking. I don't trust any other shoe that way!

mom2khj
04-07-2014, 09:06 AM
We like Crocs, the crocband one I think. Havianas are OK, they give me blisters until they are worn in and remind of cheapy grocery store flip flops. DH likes Reef. I have a pair of Yellow Box and a couple pair of Clarks are are pretty comfy too.

The crocs and havianas are best for places where they're likely to get wet/sandy. The others are a little dressier and don't handle wetness as well.

citymama
04-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Havaianas! Absolutely love them. I like the ones with the Brazilian flag logo.

vtmom
04-07-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm intrigued by Orthaheels! There are quite a few pairs on 6pm for reasonable prices. My feet are bad and getting worse, so I just might give them a try. Right now Danskos are about the only comfortable shoe I have and I do NOT think they are remotely attractive as a shoe, but if I have to be on my feet for a long period of time they work so...comfort before beauty.

To answer OPs original question I have historically worn and loved Reefs.

Jen841
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm intrigued by Orthaheels! There are quite a few pairs on 6pm for reasonable prices. My feet are bad and getting worse, so I just might give them a try. Right now Danskos are about the only comfortable shoe I have and I do NOT think they are remotely attractive as a shoe, but if I have to be on my feet for a long period of time they work so...comfort before beauty.

To answer OPs original question I have historically worn and loved Reefs.

I live in Danskos and Orthaheels. I swear don't look like I am wearing orthopedic shoes.

Happy feet, happy me! Bunions, bone spurs, ... Give me problems if I deviate from the Danskos and Orthaheels. Time to order new ones for spring.

I wear them in he house in lieu of slippers (their slippers were too hot for me).
Bare feet hurt!

Nooknookmom
04-14-2014, 03:19 AM
I love teva mush flip flops! So comfy and you can get them wet. The Sanuk yoga mat shoes, mentioned up thread have tons of reviews on amazon and I was all set to try a pair, until I read that they are problematic if they get wet.

Tevas - http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-Mush-Flip-Vineyard/dp/B008HEANXK/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1396671291&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=Tea+mush

Late posting but LOVE my Teva mush flips! I have had three pair and they literally last for-ever! I have a flip flop addiction and I live in the Tevas, Reef and Rainbow.

Of them all Teva is #1, broken in Rainbows are awesome too!

Havinanas hurt I between my toes-I tried three pair and none worked :(

DD's lived in theirs tho.

ourbabygirl
04-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm another Orthaheel lover! I've had a brown and a black pair of their Tide sandals for almost 3 years now and a pair of dressier ones that I bought last summer. I wear them pretty much all day every day in the summer unless I'm running or need to go to a bridal shower or something. Super comfy for my PF feet. Just wish they made cute shoes for the rest of the year since we get such short summers here! There weren't many sites that sold them a few years ago, but now you can get them for better prices from Amazon & 6pm. I think Zappos has them, too, and some of your local independent (nicer) shoe stores might have a couple styles for you to try on, too. I'm so thankful this board let me know about them! :)

JamiMac
04-15-2014, 09:21 AM
I think Rainbows are the most comfy flip-flops ever! I live in mine all summer long.

mommylamb
04-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Well, these are super cheap, but I find them really comfy. http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Womens-Flippee-Sandal/dp/B004219MUM/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Y13V0E2A34N3HQV9CRG

egoldber
04-15-2014, 09:48 AM
After reading this thread I bought these and I love them: http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Womens-Breeze-Sea-Flip/dp/B00E4HZVXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396657746&sr=8-1&keywords=clark%27s+flip+flops

I have Teva Mush flip flops that I also love, but I prefer them for the pool and vacation wear. I bought mine at REI on clearance several years ago and they still look great.

My younger DD has a pair of the Sanuk yoga mat flip flops and they seem super comfy. :) I am envious of them. I would have 40 pairs of flip flops given my druthers LOL!!!

lovin2shop
04-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Another big orthaheel fan here! I've caught them discounted on Zulily in the past around this time of year. I stick to their flip flop styles, as the other types of sandals tend to be wider and chunky looking.

AnnieW625
04-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Another big orthaheel fan here! I've caught them discounted on Zulily in the past around this time of year. I stick to their flip flop styles, as the other types of sandals tend to be wider and chunky looking.

I haven't bought any yet, but 6pm.com had some nice styles as well of the Orthaheels flip flops, but remember if they don't fit you have to pay for return shipping.

marinkitty
04-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Another vote for Reefs. Simple and comfy. I have both narrow and wide strap pairs.