PDA

View Full Version : Need awesome gift ideas for pregnant first-time SIL!

smiles33
04-04-2014, 08:59 PM
My SIL is really great and I want to get her something special now. She's early (just finished her 1st trimester), sort of a hipster, loves to eat, and is pregnant with her first child. I'm so excited and want to get something for HER now, as opposed to waiting for the baby shower to get something for the baby (which we'll do later).

I haven't been pregnant in years and can't think of anything beyond a GC to Pea in the Pod (is that too matronly for a young hipster?). Please hit me with your best ideas for a first-time mom to use during her pregnancy!

sweetsue98
04-04-2014, 09:05 PM
How about a journal to document her pregnancy along with the real things she may need. If you are close to her... Tums, colace, chocolate, Tylenol.

SnuggleBuggles
04-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Well, I'd get Baby Bargains. :)

What about a gift certificate to a pregnancy photo shoot?

ang79
04-04-2014, 09:09 PM
A former co-worker of mine was gifted a day at a local spa (the chocolate spa in Hershey PA!) where they did a special pregnancy massage and some pampering. She went when she was farther along and starting to feel the aches and pains of pregnancy (and feeling big and bloated, etc.) and she said she really enjoyed it and it was super relaxing and helped with the backpains was having. I was a bit jealous!

MamaInMarch
04-05-2014, 12:37 AM
How about a belly cast and henna painting?

gymnbomb
04-05-2014, 06:25 AM
My best pregnancy gift (other than my mom buying most of my maternity work clothes) was a prenatal massage! Also love the photo shoot idea. We would not have gotten those taken if a friend who was pregnant at the same time had not found a fabulous deal and recommended it to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smiles33
04-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Well, I'd get Baby Bargains. :)

What about a gift certificate to a pregnancy photo shoot?

Genius! Yes, I'm going to look into getting a gift card to her wedding photog, who also did our family photos and likely can do maternity shoots (or she might choose to save it for a newborn photo shoot). Hooray!

P.S. I should have mentioned I'm DEFINITELY getting her the latest edition of Baby Bargains! :)

Thanks all!

TxCat
04-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I love the idea of a photo shoot for maternity or newborn photos.

Also, maybe some nice comfy maternity clothes/postpartum clothes. I loved the maternity Gap Body T's and tanks - very soift and comfy. Also, some comfy pajamas that will be nursing friendly and nice to wear postpartum.

lalasmama
04-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Totally unexciting, but you said she's just ending her first trimester? How about a belly band or something... I remember my middle DD being so amazed and thrilled when I bought one for her... She was at the awkward pants-can't-button-but-tummy-can't-support-maternity-pants stage, and she had no idea they made a product for that point!

KDsMommy
04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm currently near the end of my first trimester and just picked up some belly stickers with weeks pregnant to take cute pics with throughout pregnancy. I would've loved those as a gift, as well as all the other great ideas on this thread!

ETA: I got the set at Motherhood for $10.

Kindra178
04-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Love the ideas. Majamas were fav pajamas of mine. I loved how I wore them when I was pregnant and then later for nursing.

Green_Tea
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
I like the PJ recommendation (especially if they can be used for nursing later). I remember being very excited when my sisters bought me an awesome diaper bag at the end of my first trimester. I also think anything fun accessory wise is a win - with a note that says, "great earrings/bracelets/handbags ALWAYS fit!"

elephantmeg
04-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I sent my SIL: baby bargains, preggie pops (she was a little nauseated at times) and the dr sears preg book (after making sure she wanted it).

smiles33
04-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Oh, I love the maternity/nursing pajamas idea! I just ordered on Amazon to send to her so she'll get an "end of first trimester" gift. The Majamas on Amazon didn't have XS (she's tiny) so I ended up ordering a pair of Japanese Weekend pajamas (and on sale for 1/2 off, too!) to go with the Baby Bargains book. I'll save the photo shoot gift card for later in the pregnancy (or maybe after birth?) and then something else off the registry after they register.

Thank you all! I knew I'd get wonderful tips here. DH even said, "Have you asked your moms' board yet?"