PDA

View Full Version : Invisible fences....any system recommendations?

Jen841
04-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Old fashion wood fences seem to be 5k more. We need to contain the new dog. SIL swears by Dog Watch and I really liked the franchise owner/trainer. Invisible Fence lady is flakey and keeps needing to reschedule. Friends to tonight's have Pet Stop and really like it and recommend it.

Any installed solutions you recommend?

Please no "it is cruel" comments. Keeping our dog safe and contained it our priority and wood fence is not very feasible in our land and the cost. A fence would greatly reduce the dogs space due to our yard/landscape.

Thanks

khm
04-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Old fashion wood fences seem to be 5k more. We need to contain the new dog. SIL swears by Dog Watch and I really liked the franchise owner/trainer. Invisible Fence lady is flakey and keeps needing to reschedule. Friends to tonight's have Pet Stop and really like it and recommend it.

Any installed solutions you recommend?

Please no "it is cruel" comments. Keeping our dog safe and contained it our priority and wood fence is not very feasible in our land and the cost. A fence would greatly reduce the dogs space due to our yard/landscape.

Thanks

I'd go with whomever you are most comfortable with. I'm sure they are all the same / similar enough hardware wise. A neighbor installs PetSafe, so we used him. He was super good with the training and we are completely happy. Our dog was 2 when we did it, and she's a crazy friendly dog who wants to me every.person.and.every.dog that walks by. I was worried she'd not be contained by an invisible fence, but, she took to it easily. She loves her outside time and it has been a wonderful thing for us. I wish we'd have done it sooner.

acmom
04-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I'd go with whomever you are most comfortable with. I'm sure they are all the same / similar enough hardware wise. A neighbor installs PetSafe, so we used him. He was super good with the training and we are completely happy. Our dog was 2 when we did it, and she's a crazy friendly dog who wants to me every.person.and.every.dog that walks by. I was worried she'd not be contained by an invisible fence, but, she took to it easily. She loves her outside time and it has been a wonderful thing for us. I wish we'd have done it sooner.

:yeahthat: I would go with whatever you feel comfortable with too. We have invisible fence and have been very happy with it even though I was initially nervous how our dog wuld do with it. Like PP, she loves being outside, just wandering around while the kids play. People in our neighborhood have all the different systems you mentioned and all seem to work fine. The only ones I have heard many issues with from friends are the ones you install yourselves.

arivecchi
04-05-2014, 11:43 PM
We have an invisible fence boundary plus system around our 5 acres and it works very well. It contains two 150 pound plus great danes.

Cam&Clay
04-06-2014, 12:07 AM
We had an Invisible Fence. Loved it and it worked great for our golden retriever.

mmsmom
04-06-2014, 08:13 AM
I can vouch for the PetStop franchise in the Philly area. Owner, Carl & the installer/trainer are great. Responsive, on-time and very helpful. I also like that the PetStop collar has a rechargeable battery vs the Invisible Fence one where you had to buy replacement batteries. For us PetStop was also a little less than Invisible Fence.

arivecchi
04-06-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't have to buy replacement batteries for my IF. They get mailed to me every couple of months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jen841
04-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I can vouch for the PetStop franchise in the Philly area. Owner, Carl & the installer/trainer are great. Responsive, on-time and very helpful. I also like that the PetStop collar has a rechargeable battery vs the Invisible Fence one where you had to buy replacement batteries. For us PetStop was also a little less than Invisible Fence.

Good to know. Friends highly recommended it. I did not know there are so many choices!

trales
04-06-2014, 09:20 PM
We bought the Gun Dog Containment system from Cabela's and did the install on our acre ourselves. It is great. Contains one crazy Newfoundland.