PDA

View Full Version : Nap time and Potty training

SoCalMommy
04-06-2014, 05:19 PM
DD has been showing signs of interest for a while now, but she is very, very stubborn. I casually ask her from time to time about sitting on the potty and wearing big girl undies. Today, she mentioned she wants to put big girl undies on (of course this is right before nap time!) so I said we will right after we wake up from our nap. Fingers crossed.

I was never into pull ups, and even more so after reading posts on this board. I still have tons of diapers too.

So, how do you explain wearing diapers for nap time if you are newly PT?? I don't want to confuse her, so what do you say? Or should we go cold turkey for naps too? DD is almost 3 years 5 months.

I plan on sticking with night time diapers since she has been a heavy wetter at night until she wakes up dry consistently. How do you explain this too? I think night time diapers might be easier to justify since she is a deep sleeper but she is sensitive and slow to change so I don't want to confuse her or scare her off.

Thanks in advance!

ArizonaGirl
04-06-2014, 05:30 PM
I just explained the dipes when sleeping as very matter of fact.

Sleeping PT is very different from PT during the day and our bodies learn them at different times, in different ways.

DS didn't seem fazed by it and he is one to question everything.

When he made it a week with a dry dipe during nap times we went cold turkey on the dipe then. For overnight I think we said he had to be dry for 2 weeks.

ETA DS was 2 years 8 months when we started with undies.

HTH

lizzywednesday
04-07-2014, 01:39 PM
For my DD, we did undies EXCEPT during nap at daycare's recommendation. When she'd been dry after nap for, I think, a week, we let her stay in undies.

She's been day-trained for about a year at this point and naptime accidents are rare. She does best if she's reminded to go potty before naptime.

She's such a deep sleeper that overnight is going to be kind of a long time coming, though we may be starting to reach the phase where she can do it soon.

nfowife
04-27-2014, 06:39 PM
I just say when you are sleeping your body might go pee pee and get everything wet. Most days my DD2 is dry, especially if I remember (I usually do) to have her go before naptime. it's only been maybe 3 times total in over a month that she's had a wet pullup after a nap.
Nighttime is another story. She is never dry and I don't expect it to happen anytime soon. I think we did 10 straight days of dry in order to wear underwear either for nap or night. My DD is still in her crib (as a crib) and so I am hesitant to do it for naps as I'm worried she will have to go and I won't hear her and she'll be super upset about that. She is 3y5m as well and trained in March.