PDA

View Full Version : Keens for Grownups (non sandals)

mommylamb
04-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I've been thinking of getting some Keens for me. The boys have had Keen sandals in the past, but I'm interested in some of their sneaker options. Anyone have any experience? 6 pm doesn't have reviews. I think these are cute: http://www.6pm.com/keen-maderas-lace-blue-indigo and I'm also intrigued by these flats: http://www.6pm.com/keen-kanga-ballerina-barberry-gargoyle

lizzywednesday
04-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm also looking at the Maderas style, but can't figure out if the toe box is going to be wide enough for me.

zukeypur
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I really like those Maderas too.

YouAreTheFocus
04-07-2014, 07:15 PM
DH & I gravitate towards Keen sneakers because of the wide toebox. I have a pretty bad bunion on my right foot, and their sneakers are great for me. I've had 3-4 different styles (but not the ones you linked!), all have been very comfortable!

zukeypur
04-07-2014, 07:30 PM
The reviews in amazon aren't fantastic, especially for the Maderas. I would hesitate to order them from 6pm because they don't have free returns. That's just me though. If you've tried them on somewhere and like them, I think they're cute.

weech
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
I actually just bought the mary jane version of the kanga and I didn't like it. I was bummed, but the shoe just looked really clunky and the toe box looked really huge. I have big feet, though, so some shoes just look stupid on me :)

mommylamb
04-08-2014, 09:23 AM
I bought them off of Amazon. The price went way down to under $30 today (yesterday they were like $40-45, I can't remember exactly). And free returns so nothing lost if they don't work out.

I have a pair of Simple shoes that are similar that I got a couple years ago when Simple was stopping its women's sneaker line, but they are starting to get worn out. I wish I had gotten several pairs back when I got the Simples. They were all of $8 on sale, and so cute and comfy (if not the best made shoes out there). And, the laces are elastics, so they don't need to be tied. Hopefully these Keens will be a good replacement.

lizzywednesday
04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
I actually just bought the mary jane version of the kanga and I didn't like it. I was bummed, but the shoe just looked really clunky and the toe box looked really huge. I have big feet, though, so some shoes just look stupid on me :)

I wear a 9.5-10; I feel your pain!

weech
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I bought them off of Amazon. The price went way down to under $30 today (yesterday they were like $40-45, I can't remember exactly). And free returns so nothing lost if they don't work out.

I have a pair of Simple shoes that are similar that I got a couple years ago when Simple was stopping its women's sneaker line, but they are starting to get worn out. I wish I had gotten several pairs back when I got the Simples. They were all of $8 on sale, and so cute and comfy (if not the best made shoes out there). And, the laces are elastics, so they don't need to be tied. Hopefully these Keens will be a good replacement.

Ahhh, I love my Simples. I bought two pair sight unseen when they went out of business and wear them all the time. I wish I could find something comparable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk