PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Fairy question - give the same the others got or something special?

KrisM
04-09-2014, 08:41 PM
When DS1 and DD lost their first tooth, they each got a silver dollar and a $1 bill. Other teeth got a small item or $1. Things like a book, a diary, etc.

DS2 lost his first tooth yesterday at WDW. He was asleep when we got back, so the tooth is in the pillow for tonight. He is speculating that he'll get something from Disney. Today, he did get a "I'm Celebrating my Lost 1st Tooth button" and the cast member gave him a Disney pin. So he did get something special.

My question - do I just give the silver dollar and $1 or hit the gift shop for something else to add?

BunnyBee
04-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Ask at the hotel front desk for some Mickey head and/or Tinkerbell confetti to sprinkle around the dollars. :)

Oh--they may have Mickey dollars too...

Momit
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
This is totally OT but holy cow! My DS is the same age as yours and I am not prepared for him to start losing teeth. I thought we had another year or two.

How fun that he lost it at Disney, love the idea of some Mickey swag from the Tooth Fairy.

KrisM
04-09-2014, 09:38 PM
No luck for confetti. I tried the desk, gift shop, and restaurant. But they do have mickey dollars. Unfortunately I had no cash with me and magic bands don't work for those. On my way back.

The gift shop did have chocolate coins with mickey on them. Might do that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KrisM
04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Also, thanks for the idea!

Ds2 is the oldest of my three for losing teeth. The first one never took long. He only discovered it was loose on Friday!

BunnyBee
04-09-2014, 09:52 PM
No luck for confetti. I tried the desk, gift shop, and restaurant. But they do have mickey dollars. Unfortunately I had no cash with me and magic bands don't work for those. On my way back.

The gift shop did have chocolate coins with mickey on them. Might do that.

Oh no! Is there a TS restaurant around? They use it to decorate the tables for special occasions. Maybe room service? My DD lost a tooth at Disney and got a kick out of the Tink confetti--she just knew that the Tooth Fairy had to get permission/assistance from Tink. ;)

KrisM
04-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Oh no! Is there a TS restaurant around? They use it to decorate the tables for special occasions. Maybe room service? My DD lost a tooth at Disney and got a kick out of the Tink confetti--she just knew that the Tooth Fairy had to get permission/assistance from Tink. ;)

There is and that is where I asked. No luck. They offered to blow up balloons, but that's awkward to hide. We're at POR, so Boatwright's is here. I explained why, too. Not a huge deal. He'll be happy with a Mickey dollar!

rlu
04-10-2014, 12:48 AM
Sounds like you have it under control better than we did when DS lost his first tooth at Disneyland. It was after we'd returned to the offsite hotel. DH and I kept throwing each other looks and trying to talk code when he finally announced he was headed to Walmart to get us decent rain jackets or ponchos (it poured that whole trip). With no rain jackets or ponchos to be had he came back with a Phineas and Ferb cd for DS and duct tape to repair our disintegrating ponchos which security prompted tried to confiscate at the gate (we complained and they gave us vouchers for new ponchos and DH took the duct tape back to the hotel). I didn't know Disney did stuff for 1st lost tooth, oh well, lost opportunity.