PDA

View Full Version : Running the Run or Dye this weekend...

LD92599
04-11-2014, 11:06 AM
First, any other BBB members running Run or Dye this weekend!?

Second, what do I do with my keys? ID? Phone i never got used to armband so I'll just hold it (it's in a LifeProof case).

Any tips for these "color" runs? I did read to bring trash bags to cover the seats of the car afterwards (and I think i'll grab a roll of Press n Seal too for the armrest etc)

dowlinal
04-11-2014, 01:11 PM
I did the Color Run last August. My friend drove and just had her keys in a plastic bag in her pocket. After checking in, I locked my id back in the car and had my phone in a ziplock in my pocket. After the run, we learned that the best way to avoid being stained for days is to make sure you have lotion all of your body and also conditioner in your hair. I was told that a layer of coconut oil is a good barrier. i was stained through my shirt and sports bra and my blonde daughters had multicolored scalps for days. It took 2-3 days until the color was gone.

ang79
04-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Ladies in my Sunday School class were talking about this last week! One of them (who dyes her hair blonde), said that you are supposed to cover your hair with a bandana or something to avoid getting much color in your hair, especially if you have light colored hair. She said she had purple streaked hair for weeks after she did it last year and felt odd with her funky colored hair in a professional office.

AnnieW625
04-11-2014, 02:59 PM
I am not doing this, but I always tie my car key to my shoe lace and then lock my other keys in the trunk.