PDA

View Full Version : We need a new mailbox! Any recommendations on where/what to buy?

TwinFoxes
04-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I know Home Depots/Lowes sells them, anywhere else less obvious I should look? I want something substantial and attractive. Not so sure I love the Step2 plastic ones. TIA!

ETA: we need one on a post, for curbside delivery.

etwahl
04-13-2014, 07:11 PM
I know Home Depots/Lowes sells them, anywhere else less obvious I should look? I want something substantial and attractive. Not so sure I love the Step2 plastic ones. TIA!

We're in the process of buying a house and need a new mailbox also. We need one with a post. Grandinroad had some. I'll be watching this thread!

Kindra178
04-13-2014, 07:20 PM
Check Frontgate or Ballard too.

hillview
04-13-2014, 07:32 PM
etsy has some options

elliput
04-13-2014, 10:37 PM
http://www.mailboxandbeyond.com/Mailboxpage.html

meggie t
04-13-2014, 10:51 PM
I just ordered a mailbox last week from this place:
http://www.mailboxnet.com

It is SO hard to find a nice mailbox! Who knew. Anyway, fast shipping and nice mailbox.

wildfire
04-14-2014, 01:27 AM
We have a locking mailbox, which is something to consider. There were some thefts of mail in our neighborhood. Someone found the mail of my next door neighbor on the ground a couple of blocks away.

It's the Mail Boss brand, and very sturdy.

pastrygirl
04-14-2014, 07:07 AM
We just replaced our ugly Step2 with a nice one from Lowe's this weekend. It's SO much nicer and looks substantial! No ugly wooden post showing anymore.

TwinFoxes
04-14-2014, 07:54 AM
It is SO hard to find a nice mailbox! Who knew. Anyway, fast shipping and nice mailbox.

It is! And I've been noticing lots of ugly mailboxes now that I've been looking.

Momit
04-14-2014, 08:04 AM
My parents recently got one that has a cool feature for when you're out of town - rather than a narrow post, it has a hollow base that you can have the mail fall into. It collects in the locked base so you don't end up with an overflowing mailbox when you're out of town. It's black metal - not beautiful, but not ugly either and very functional.

ETA when you're home you just close the trap door and it works like a normal mailbox, you don't always have to get it out of the base.