PDA

View Full Version : Help me throw a fabulous bridal tea!

cookiemonster80
04-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Not a shower- just a time for the girls to be together before the wedding day. I've having it at a tea room so most of the decor and food is covered.
There is a display table -I'm bringing framed pictures of the bride/groom to put on there. Not sure what else as it's not a gifts thing.

I'm asking each invitee to think of a funny moment or special sentiment about the bride to share.

Other than that I'm out of ideas- how can I make it special?

Jen841
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
On the table you could put wedding pictures of family and/or the guests.

Can her tea cup be from her registry or something from family?

Give the bride tea or something as a memory of the event?

Make a small basket of goodies from the tea house for the bride and groom or for her suite as the bridal party gets ready?

Having the guest wear hats is always fun! We did a backyard tea party for a shower and the guest wore hats, it was a fun memory for all.

zag95
04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
You could do some type of a game around tea:

Here are a couple of ideas:http://www.ehow.com/about_4795995_tea-party-games.html

Another idea would be to have a little display (covered) have everyone see it for 60 seconds- it could have a bunch of bridal or tea themed items: tea cup, tea bags, spoon, creamer, sugar cubes, some other edible, napkin, etc., and then list all the items they remember seeing. Person with the most correct items, wins a prize!

MontrealMum
04-14-2014, 11:47 PM
A friend of mine had a tea party themed shower when she got married - her aunts threw it for her. It was hands down one of the most fun showers I've ever attended. Two things I remember are that we all had to wear hats, and if possible, gloves, and that we were supposed to give the bride-to-be a teacup. To this day, she has an amazing collection of different teacups and saucers decorating her kitchen :)