PDA

View Full Version : Recomend your favorite NE ski shop

SunshineWedding
04-14-2014, 09:57 PM
I know it's spring but I'm looking to purchase some ski equipment, new and hopefully some used. Does anyone have a trusted favorite ski shop in the NE area they'd recommend? Our local shop directed us in the wrong direction with a few purchases this year and I want someone knowledgeable and decently priced. TIA

nfowife
04-14-2014, 10:50 PM
For used, our local ski organization has annual ski swap sales in November where they sell great quality used gear on consignment. We are in a college town and their outdoor center does a sale too. Most ski communities around here seem to do this. A local ski shop that also sells used packages with good reputation and service is Henderson's in Quechee, VT.

SunshineWedding
04-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Thank you nfowife - anyone else have any recommendations?

Jen841
04-16-2014, 09:26 PM
We do Wicks outside of Philly. Trust the,!

Bryan mom
04-17-2014, 03:25 PM
No experience with purchasing skis from REI, but I would look into them.

nfowife
04-17-2014, 03:33 PM
I also purchased boots for my DD1 this year from EVO and looked at the packages at level nine sports. The boots were $100 and were Title 9 Growth Spurt which adjust across multiple boot sizes. We paid about $35 for a used pair in one size and expect these to last for about 3 more years (before handing down to brother). They were great this year and for the price, are cheaper than buying a bunch of used pairs.