PDA

View Full Version : Grocery price app for iphone

mommy111
04-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Need something to keep track of the prices of items...I never remember how much I spend on a pint of strawberries or a gallon of milk so it would be nice to have something that allows me to keep track of the prices at various stores. Today, for example, I realized the organic milk at my costco is way more expensive even than at TJs.....
What do you ladies use and find helpful. We mostly try to buy organic for the dirty dozen and do very little to no processed foods

OKKiddo
04-15-2014, 10:31 AM
The last time I went grocery shopping I wished that someone would invent the app that tells me what products are cheaper at which place. I know I've found the lowest price on milk for my area (Aldi), eggs are iffy because sometimes they're cheapest at the most expensive grocery store on sale (Giant) but often times cheaper at Food Lion or Aldi. Bread is definitely cheapest at Aldi too.

I do most of my shopping between Aldi, Food Lion, and Wegmans. With food allergies I find shopping at Wegman's the easiest but not the cheapest. DS2's therapy is across the street from a Whole Foods so I can visit that store twice a week now but I have to seriously reign myself in because I could blow the whole month's grocery budget in a 1 hour visit in that store! But what fun it would be!

mommy111
04-15-2014, 09:30 PM
The last time I went grocery shopping I wished that someone would invent the app that tells me what products are cheaper at which place. I know I've found the lowest price on milk for my area (Aldi), eggs are iffy because sometimes they're cheapest at the most expensive grocery store on sale (Giant) but often times cheaper at Food Lion or Aldi. Bread is definitely cheapest at Aldi too.

I do most of my shopping between Aldi, Food Lion, and Wegmans. With food allergies I find shopping at Wegman's the easiest but not the cheapest. DS2's therapy is across the street from a Whole Foods so I can visit that store twice a week now but I have to seriously reign myself in because I could blow the whole month's grocery budget in a 1 hour visit in that store! But what fun it would be!
I totally agree...add to that the fact that I can't for the life of me remember how much I bought something for and we have a recipe for disaster :) I went to market basket this weekend and, honestly, their prices were no different from whole foods from what i could tell

stillplayswithbarbies
04-16-2014, 09:57 AM
the app Favado will show you prices and sales at the stores near you. You choose which stores you want to set up to compare.

Twin Mom
04-16-2014, 02:27 PM
the app Favado will show you prices and sales at the stores near you. You choose which stores you want to set up to compare.

I have only used this app once but I will definitely be using it again. It compares sales across stores so I found it helpful when I was looking for the lowest price on soft drinks for an event. I don't know if it stores the lowest prices on things you regularly buy though.

OKKiddo
04-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Thanks! I just downloaded it and I'll play around with it so that the next time I go grocery shopping I'll be well prepared.

mommy111
04-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Awesome!!

NCGrandma
04-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks! I just downloaded it and I'll play around with it so that the next time I go grocery shopping I'll be well prepared.

How did you find it? I just searched the App Store for Favado and got "no results" -- am I spelling it wrong?
ETA: I found it by googling and following a link from the publisher's website. Still don't understand why a search of the App Store failed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)