PDA

View Full Version : favorite casual jersey knee length skirts

AnnieW625
04-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I can't wear a lot of the long jersey maxi length skirts because they are usually just too long on me, and because DH doesn't think I look good in maxi anything (the maxi craze started in 2009 when I was pregnant with baby 2, and DD2 and DH just thinks that even all these years later maxi anything makes me look pregnant). I guess I should be happy he still likes my legs:).

I am going on vacation next week and I would love some to take with me to wear to the pool and at night with tank tops or tees. $50 and under is preferred. I have access to Kohls, JC Penney, Nordstrom, Macy's, Nordstrom Rack, Target, and Wal Mart, plus a million other mall stores like Forever 21.

lizzywednesday
04-15-2014, 11:50 AM
I like the Athleta "Bodega" skirt, but they don't seem to carry it - it's knee-length, gored (so full skirt), with a wide waistband & subtle ruching details at the "points" of the gores of the skirt. Very casual, but could definitely be dressed up for evening with the right shoes & accessories. I don't remember what I paid for it, but will assume I bought it on sale!

The other skirt I love for summer is a broadcloth, A-line number I picked up from Land's End several years ago. They are not currently selling anything similar.

Aside from that, I'm not much help. I'm not crazy about the way jersey clings to my hips.

sariana
04-15-2014, 11:54 AM
The Colorado Clothing Company skirts at Costco are awesome! They hang well, feel comfortable, don't need ironing even after being squished in a suitcase, and wash well. I got a couple last year and wished I had got more. His year they have new patterns and colors, so I got several more.

Kindra178
04-15-2014, 12:19 PM
This skort is awesome:

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=219056002

Comfy, flattering, travels well.