PDA

View Full Version : Faulty Disney merchandise

KrisM
04-15-2014, 09:01 PM
DS1 bought a remote control Test Track car. We put batteries in today and it doesn't work. I found a phone number to call and will tomorrow, but any idea what they'll do? Will I have to mail this back and have them ship a new one? Or will they ship first?

He's really bummed. He rarely buys anything and almost never picks out souvenirs, so this is really disappointing.

hellokitty
04-15-2014, 09:25 PM
They're usually very good about making things right. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

KrisM
04-16-2014, 12:35 PM
I called this morning and they are sending a new one. I don't have to return the one that doesn't work. Two weeks for it to get here is a bummer, but now he'll have a bonus car to sit on his shelf.

hellokitty
04-16-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm glad that they did what they should have. Hopefully, your son will love it when the new one arrives. So, how was your trip? I've been wondering. :)

KrisM
04-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm glad that they did what they should have. Hopefully, your son will love it when the new one arrives. So, how was your trip? I've been wondering. :)

It was very fun. I plan to summarize it at some point! We had some glitches along the way, but overall had a good time.

hellokitty
04-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Sounds good!

candaceb
04-17-2014, 04:27 PM
I almost responded to this thread when you first posted saying that my DS had looked at that same car, and I told him it wasn't a good choice because it would probably break, and I was glad he chose the monorail instead. But now the monorail is broken. We bought it on Sunday - it didn't even last a week and my son is not especially rough on toys. I will be calling and hopefully I'll also get a replacement from them.

onyx8
04-17-2014, 05:06 PM
As someone who frequents WDW 2x a year, sounds like that Test Track car was a perfect replica.... After all, the ride breaks down all the time! Lol.

Seriously, glad you are getting a replacement!

KrisM
04-17-2014, 05:23 PM
I almost responded to this thread when you first posted saying that my DS had looked at that same car, and I told him it wasn't a good choice because it would probably break, and I was glad he chose the monorail instead. But now the monorail is broken. We bought it on Sunday - it didn't even last a week and my son is not especially rough on toys. I will be calling and hopefully I'll also get a replacement from them.

Oh, that stinks! I don't know how often it'll get used, as DS1 is 10.

As someone who frequents WDW 2x a year, sounds like that Test Track car was a perfect replica.... After all, the ride breaks down all the time! Lol.

Seriously, glad you are getting a replacement!

LOL