PDA

View Full Version : Orthaheel question

PunkyBoo
04-16-2014, 10:21 AM
After reading all the rave reviews of Orthaheel in the flip flop thread, I ordered a couple pair. I tried them on yesterday. I have never worn shoes with orthotics and looking in my closet, I don't have anything with that (or any)kind of arch support at all. They didn't feel very comfortable - but maybe I'm just not used to that feeling of something holding up my arches. I saw they have a tag on them that claims it can take a while to acclimate to them. So for those of you who don't normally wear orthotics but love Orthaheels, was there an adjustment period for you? How long did it take to get where they are super comfortable to wear all day? I'm trying to figure out if I should give them a chance (and risk them just sitting in my closet for years unworn) or if I should assume the arch support doesn't "match" my foot and return them?

hillview
04-16-2014, 10:44 AM
I would say when I got them I felt a little strange, awkward but not that it hurt or was bad. It took a couple of days to get used to them,

KLD313
04-16-2014, 10:45 AM
I can't even get my foot in them and they're just sitting in my closet unworn.

Mikey0709
04-16-2014, 11:27 AM
I agree exactly with hillview - I would give them a couple of days. I do believe that they ALL have a 30 day guarantee - - so i would take advantage of it if you don't like them after a week or two instead of losing out and having them sit. Used ones also sell REALLY well on ebay!

lovin2shop
04-16-2014, 01:08 PM
I have very high arches, so when I put them on they felt like the shoe that I had been missing out on for my whole life! I don't wear orthotics because I don't like the way they feel when they take up extra room in the shoe. I would imagine that if you don't have high arches, they would feel very different from regular shoes. I would try them out though, they are supposed to help correct flat arches.

daphne
04-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I have very high arches, so when I put them on they felt like the shoe that I had been missing out on for my whole life! I don't wear orthotics because I don't like the way they feel when they take up extra room in the shoe. I would imagine that if you don't have high arches, they would feel very different from regular shoes. I would try them out though, they are supposed to help correct flat arches.

What style did you buy? I have *super* high arches and would love to find a supportive flip flop / sandal.

hellokitty
04-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Wear them around the house first. That's what I do when there's a shoe that I'm not sure about. I love orthaheels, but like a pp, I'm one of those ppl that put them on and it was instant comfort. I HAVE to have a lot of arch support though...

Radswd
04-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Someone here (thank you!) had written how much she loved the Geneva slipper, so I ordered it. I have high arches, and had never worn an orthotic. They did feel strange at first, and I even wondered if I should keep them. I did, and wore them a few hours each day when I could. Now, I love them! I'm planning to try the flip flops, too. Good luck!

ourbabygirl
04-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Definitely give them a chance! :) I need the extra arch support (even Danskos, Clarks, and other nicer brands don't have enough for me), so they didn't take long to feel normal to me, but if you have kind of 'fussy feet' like a lot of us, they might make the world of difference for you! I have two pairs of the Tides and another dressier style. Don't like their regular shoes, though- wish they made cuter styles of those!