PDA

View Full Version : iPhone mail problem

TwoBees
04-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Occasionally when sending mail I get the following error message:

"Cannot send mail. The user name or password for [email protected] is incorrect."

This happens through the native mail program with both of the yahoo email addresses I have. It does not happen every time I send mail, and I have not updated or changed my user name or password for either account. I don't have problems receiving mail, and the mail usually sends a minute or two after I get the error message. Any idea what's going on?

TwoBees
04-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Bumping for traffic. Any ideas?

SnuggleBuggles
04-17-2014, 10:26 AM
I get that sometimes. I just ignore it (I don't check the password) if I wait a few minutes to try again, it works. So no solution but commiseration. My mail is all wonky. I had to totally reboot my phone but my mail issues haven't improved.

egoldber
04-17-2014, 11:12 AM
:yeahthat:

I get that message sometimes when I am in a no cell coverage area. Usually I ignore it and it goes away.

pinkmomagain
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
I get a similar message every time I receive my email. I just ignore because my email comes in anyway. Don't know what the deal is.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I am bumping this up because I am getting so many mail errors lately! Did you find a solution? My mail is so, so broken. :(

egoldber
05-07-2014, 02:57 PM
This happened to me and DH the other day. But we re-booted the phone and that fixed the problem.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm glad that worked for him. Not mine. :( Something is up with the phone. Currently, I manually refresh my mail and only every 1-3 hours does it actually update it. Otherwise it'll say (like it does right now), "Updated at 1:47". Great. Well, I want to know what my mail as of 3:02 is. It thinks and nothing. Then about every 5th time, it tells me it can't get my gmail. (I have 2 yahoo and 1 gmail on my phone.)

Eta- powering it off all the way doesn't help.

kbud
05-08-2014, 04:41 PM
I have that problem pretty regularly. My iphone 5c has been acting weird for awhile. That is one of a long list of problems I am having. I just wish it was easier to take care of as the closest Apple store is 60 miles away:(

SnuggleBuggles
05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
My Genius Bar appt. was a miserable experience and a total bust...you may have saved yourself some frustration!