PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun: What's your best freecycle score?

wifecat
04-19-2014, 02:35 PM
We have a really active freecycle list, and I love being able to give away all kinds of stuff. What's the best (or most random!) thing you've managed to give away, and what's the best (or most random) thing you've gotten off freecycle?

Best thing I've Gotten Rid Of: 16 rose bushes - they were free, but you had to come dig them up from my yard! Win win!

Best Score: a Brookstone iSqueez foot massager. Ohmygoodness. It's awesome.

azzeps
04-19-2014, 04:06 PM
I have posted a few things but no one wants my junk!

wifecat
04-19-2014, 04:26 PM
I have posted a few things but no one wants my junk!

Really? People will snag up almost anything here...it's a super re-use it community though, so maybe that's it. I don't remember it being this active in Baltimore. We just posted 11 cans of ginger ale (unopened, but kinda random) and they were gone from our porch in under an hour! We once got rid of a rickety wooden ladder (labeled as such - I even wrote maybe it could be repurposed because it didn't seem safe)...

AngB
04-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Best get:
Brand new XL twin mattress and bed frame or maybe our 6 drawer filing cabinet

Best get rid ofs: Toss up between old sliding glass door that was in seriously horrible shape or old fridge which worked but was from the 80's as well

pharmjenn
04-20-2014, 02:54 AM
I don't know what my best get would be. But my best get rid ofs were expired food.
A couple years ago I gave away about a month or more worth of Nutrisystem food. Shelf stable but past the expiration date. It was taking up an entire bookcase in our garage.
When we moved last month, I gave away a huge back of Glucosamine flavored water and Benevia vitamin drinks. Both expired. The lady who took them emailed me to say they still tasted fine. I hated to trash them when we moved, and I am glad someone will drink them

vludmilla
04-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Perhaps the best things we have received were the Trek trail-a-bike and the bike trailer in excellent condition. We have given away many things ourselves too.

azzeps
04-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Hmmm. Maybe my stuff really is garbage! I live in a super "reuse it" community too - Portland, OR doesn't get any greener! I'll keep trying though!

MamaMolly
04-20-2014, 02:24 PM
The best thing we got rid of as far as being happy it was gone was our living room furniture. It was once upon a time lovely, but by the time we FS'd it...not so much.

As far as what I felt the best about giving? Was a photo printer that went to a woman who worked with Veterans and used it to print photos for them as part of a therapy project she had. <3

Hard to say about my best score. Maybe kid's toys.

ckso
04-20-2014, 08:25 PM
My best score was an outdoor playhouse (moderate condition) and a slide (great condition). She even brought it to me when we had some scheduling issues with picking it up

My best give away was a giant mirror the size of my mantel in great condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wifecat
04-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Hmmm. Maybe my stuff really is garbage! I live in a super "reuse it" community too - Portland, OR doesn't get any greener! I'll keep trying though!

That's too funny! I'm shocked people won't snag up just anything there! You know, for some reason when my husband posts it, it doesn't get taken, but when I do, stuff disappears.