PDA

View Full Version : Best of Seven basketball finals. What happens if ...

indigo99
04-20-2014, 04:14 PM
If you purchase tickets to the fifth game in a best-of-seven final series. What happens if one team wins the first four games? Do you get a refund?

eta: It's a resell ticket (as I guess most are at this point) for the Miami Heat so there is a chance they could win the first four.

BunnyBee
04-20-2014, 04:42 PM
The person who bought the ticket from the Heat gets a refund of the ticket price (not the fees). If you buy through Stubhub, you get a refund (again not the fees) for canceled events. Private resale would be up to the individual.

indigo99
04-20-2014, 09:21 PM
The person who bought the ticket from the Heat gets a refund of the ticket price (not the fees). If you buy through Stubhub, you get a refund (again not the fees) for canceled events. Private resale would be up to the individual.

My relatives are looking at tickets online, and I think it's ticketmaster. I think it says that there are no refunds on resell tickets which just seems wrong to me. Does stubhub have resell tickets where the second buyer gets a refund? They're understandably afraid of buying these tickets (which are about $200 each) when there's a chance that the game won't even happen.