PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrgh there are no Elsa dolls anywhere!

Pepper
04-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Long story short, DS1 saw the movie about a month ago, saw the doll at a friend's house two weeks ago, wants one for his 8th birthday next week. The Elsa doll dressed in the glittery gown, that was sold at Target, but is now out of stock all over the country apparently (I have family members checking in other states) except for Amazon but they're selling it for 4-+ bucks and I can't bring myself to pay that much.

Surely the dolls will be in stock again soon. But why are they sold out - is it Easter? Did everyone put on in their Easter baskets?

KrisM
04-20-2014, 08:17 PM
It's a very popular movie and the merchandise has been very hard to find for months. Things sell out as soon as they get in. Keep checking.

lalasmama
04-20-2014, 09:24 PM
This has been constant since the movie came out. Stock sells out *very* quickly!

icunurse
04-20-2014, 09:26 PM
Keep checking amazon. I bought one a couple of weeks ago for $14 and within minutes they were sold out. But it seems like they keep getting stock.

Mrs.Skeeter
04-20-2014, 09:41 PM
We managed to find one randomly stashed behind another box in the toy area. I hope you find one soon.

Pepper
04-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Well, darn it. Good to know - I'll keep checking stores and online. I told DS1 he probably wouldn't get it in time for his bday but I would keep trying. Thanks for the replies!

elliput
04-20-2014, 10:09 PM
I just want to say that I think it is awesome you are looking for an Elsa doll for your son. :)

KpbS
04-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Don't know if you have one near you but I've seen some at the grocery store Kroger. Hope you find one soon!

AshleyAnn
04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
I managed to stalk out both magiclip anna and elsa at walmart a few weeks ago. And then a week later a package that had The 5 main characters from the movie including anna and elsa at another walmart. The first find was hung with the other magiclip dolls like they were nothing special. The second were on an end cap with some sofia the first stuff and a few frozen toys. Just keep checking every store at every opportunity!

PZMommy
04-20-2014, 11:54 PM
We bought the Elsa and Anna dolls as soon as we left the theater on the opening day of the movie. My DS loved the movie and wanted the dolls, so we went to the Disney store and got them. Now my DS2 wants an Elsa doll, but of course now they are next to impossible to find!

crayonblue
04-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Check random places like grocery stores! I found the Anna magiclip on clearance at Ralph's. A friend found the Elsa doll at Albertson's.

klwa
04-21-2014, 06:43 AM
I found one at Kohls about a month ago. It was the first time I had seen one in a while. Maybe check there, too.

cckwmh
04-21-2014, 07:16 AM
I saw them at Barnes and noble this weekend. I was surprised by the volume of frozen stuff they had in stock.

Eta: I wish I bought them but DD was with me and did not want to have to give them to her right away.

wendibird22
04-21-2014, 09:00 AM
The stock is so hard to come by that there are several facebook groups devoted to helping people find items at cost instead of the crazy mark up on ebay. The Disney Store did a restock of Frozen merchandise online last Wednesday afternoon and all the desirables were sold out within 30mins. It's gotten so crazy that Disney Stores will no longer ship Frozen merch because they were getting deluged by daily phone calls from out of towners looking for item. Pure insanity is being created by a high demand and lack of supply.

vonfirmath
04-21-2014, 11:10 AM
I managed to stalk out both magiclip anna and elsa at walmart a few weeks ago. And then a week later a package that had The 5 main characters from the movie including anna and elsa at another walmart. The first find was hung with the other magiclip dolls like they were nothing special. The second were on an end cap with some sofia the first stuff and a few frozen toys. Just keep checking every store at every opportunity!

I'm seeing Anna Magiclips all over. (most recently at Kohl's) Only one or two per store. But they aren' TOTALLY impossible. Haven't seen an Elsa yet.

I'm crossing my fingers they become easier to find before August.

kittymom
04-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Check random places like grocery stores! I found the Anna magiclip on clearance at Ralph's. A friend found the Elsa doll at Albertson's.

Second this! At Meijer, a grocery store here, I randomly found an Elsa toddler doll 3 weeks ago and then 1 week ago found a regular Elsa doll. Both were sitting on the shelf all alone. I grabbed both even though DD is still too young right now for the Barbie doll one. The toddler doll will be her bday present this summer. She has not seen the movie yet either bc she is still too young but I KNOW she will love the music (and DS insisted I get her the dolls for her anyway). I don't know if they were returns or random re-stocks.

Melaine
04-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I had no idea these were HTF. I will have to keep my eyes open!

twowhat?
04-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I got our Elsa doll at Kroger right after Christmas (for $8.99!!!) but haven't seen it since. Right now one of the reasons it's so hard to keep stuff stocked is because people buy them TO RESELL FOR A PROFIT on ebay and stalk the stores where it is normally stocked. It's so sad! I read on the disboards that Disney is limiting the number of a single item that you can buy to 2 to try to prevent this. I also read on there to call your local Target and ask when they do their restocking, and then check on that day.

wendibird22
04-21-2014, 03:04 PM
I got our Elsa doll at Kroger right after Christmas (for $8.99!!!) but haven't seen it since. Right now one of the reasons it's so hard to keep stuff stocked is because people buy them TO RESELL FOR A PROFIT on ebay and stalk the stores where it is normally stocked. It's so sad! I read on the disboards that Disney is limiting the number of a single item that you can buy to 2 to try to prevent this. I also read on there to call your local Target and ask when they do their restocking, and then check on that day.

Yes 2 item limit for Frozen merch plus no shipping was instituted by Disney Stores across the country and the 2 item limit was added to the online restocks too. But the sad thing is that for clothing this is a 2 per size limit, so that means the ebayers can buy the Elsa costume in 2 of every size, meaning 10 dresses and resell them on ebay for $100+ (they retail for $50). I've also read stories of ebay "teams" that go to the Disney Store at open on a restock day and the team of say 6 people will buy out the entire restock and immediately list it on ebay from their phones. That's what's nice about a few of the facebook groups where you can only sell items at cost. It's moms and dads and Frozen fans helping one another by buying the items and then only selling them to each other at cost...keeps them out of the greedy hands.

MamaInMarch
04-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes 2 item limit for Frozen merch plus no shipping was instituted by Disney Stores across the country and the 2 item limit was added to the online restocks too. But the sad thing is that for clothing this is a 2 per size limit, so that means the ebayers can buy the Elsa costume in 2 of every size, meaning 10 dresses and resell them on ebay for $100+ (they retail for $50). I've also read stories of ebay "teams" that go to the Disney Store at open on a restock day and the team of say 6 people will buy out the entire restock and immediately list it on ebay from their phones. That's what's nice about a few of the facebook groups where you can only sell items at cost. It's moms and dads and Frozen fans helping one another by buying the items and then only selling them to each other at cost...keeps them out of the greedy hands.

The closest Disney store to me is 45 minutes away, so no way to stop in and check. Do you know the names of any of these groups? I'd be happy to keep an eye out at our Target and other stores for anything if I could trade off for the plush stuff.

Vonfirmath, I found a magiclip Anna and Elsa at our Target a week or so ago. There were quite a few Annas and 2 Elsas. I would be happy to keep an eye out for an Elsa or both. Just let me know.

magnoliaparadise
04-29-2014, 05:55 AM
My DD1 was begging for the dress.

I happened to get through to 2 Disney stores and they both told me that the following Saturday (ie last Saturday - 3 days ago), there would be a 'frozen' day and that customers were encouraged to come in.

I went and had my parents go to the other one and both stores basically had dresses and dolls that had come in. The dresses required a lottery, but the dolls did not. But there was a long line for the dolls and by the time I finished with the lottery, I was too late for the dolls!

Anyway, this is just to say - call your nearest Disney store and see if they will be doing these 'frozen' Saturdays where they save the inventoy of costumes and dolls every Saturday from now on. The one near me will be doing them for awhile. My sense is that they don't want to put them most popular/wanted merchandise (ie the dolls and the costumes) out because the customers were starting to go crazy and fight and rush, push, and line up way too early. So this way, they save everything for Saturdays and do something they feel is more equitable, easier, for the public (and it gets the public into the store on Saturdays, of course, from their perspective).

Also - customers used to be able to 'buy' the costumes, dolls, etc over the phone from any Disney store (when they were available, which, albeit, was rare) and then get DIsney Store to send them for an extra $11 (approx) shipping charge. So I was calling stores for awhile. But Disney stopped this practice and now you can only go in an buy in person (at least for now - maybe it will change back soon).

Also, Disney won't hold Frozen merchandise for now.

I should mention - the costumes and dolls were the only things getting special Saturday 'frozen' treatment. The other Frozen merchandise is placed in the store as soon as it comes in. So if you want something besides a doll, you can go any time.

But call your local/nearest store in advance just in case the policies are changing or your store does things differently.

Btw, the dolls in the Disney shop were not $9, tho! Impressive that you guys got them for so cheap. They are not marked up as they are on Amazon and Ebay, but the prices are high - $50 for the costume and $15 to $24 for different type dolls.

vonfirmath
04-29-2014, 09:52 AM
My DD1 was begging for the dress.

I happened to get through to 2 Disney stores and they both told me that the following Saturday (ie last Saturday - 3 days ago), there would be a 'frozen' day and that customers were encouraged to come in.

I went and had my parents go to the other one and both stores basically had dresses and dolls that had come in. The dresses required a lottery, but the dolls did not. But there was a long line for the dolls and by the time I finished with the lottery, I was too late for the dolls!

Anyway, this is just to say - call your nearest Disney store and see if they will be doing these 'frozen' Saturdays where they save the inventoy of costumes and dolls every Saturday from now on. The one near me will be doing them for awhile. My sense is that they don't want to put them most popular/wanted merchandise (ie the dolls and the costumes) out because the customers were starting to go crazy and fight and rush, push, and line up way too early. So this way, they save everything for Saturdays and do something they feel is more equitable, easier, for the public (and it gets the public into the store on Saturdays, of course, from their perspective).

Also - customers used to be able to 'buy' the costumes, dolls, etc over the phone from any Disney store (when they were available, which, albeit, was rare) and then get DIsney Store to send them for an extra $11 (approx) shipping charge. So I was calling stores for awhile. But Disney stopped this practice and now you can only go in an buy in person (at least for now - maybe it will change back soon).

Also, Disney won't hold Frozen merchandise for now.

I should mention - the costumes and dolls were the only things getting special Saturday 'frozen' treatment. The other Frozen merchandise is placed in the store as soon as it comes in. So if you want something besides a doll, you can go any time.

But call your local/nearest store in advance just in case the policies are changing or your store does things differently.

Btw, the dolls in the Disney shop were not $9, tho! Impressive that you guys got them for so cheap. They are not marked up as they are on Amazon and Ebay, but the prices are high - $50 for the costume and $15 to $24 for different type dolls.

Magiclip Disney princess dolls are $5-$10 depending on the environment. What Disney usually has is larger dolls. Barbie-style and the large soft ones.

azzeps
04-29-2014, 11:10 AM
My Disney store had a bunch of barbie style Elsa dolls, some of the toddler dolls, a mini set that was Anna, Kristoff, Sven and a sleigh, and plush Olaf. I wanted a mini set of all the characters but they didn't have that. So I bought an Olaf doll. They also had the dress lottery, but I did not participate because I already pre-ordered the Anna and Elsa costumes from Little Dress Up Shop. Hope my daughter doesn't mind the "knock-offs"! I was also able to get a night gown one size too big for DD and some flip flops. They also had the girls' shorty PJs that are yellow with Olaf on them, and some other style of night gown and PJ sets.

I'm also wishing for an Elsa magiclip - we got Anna from grandma at Christmas time but I know DD would love an Elsa.

I'm hoping to score some stuff at Disneyland in June!

wendibird22
04-29-2014, 11:48 AM
The closest Disney store to me is 45 minutes away, so no way to stop in and check. Do you know the names of any of these groups? I'd be happy to keep an eye out at our Target and other stores for anything if I could trade off for the plush stuff.

Vonfirmath, I found a magiclip Anna and Elsa at our Target a week or so ago. There were quite a few Annas and 2 Elsas. I would be happy to keep an eye out for an Elsa or both. Just let me know.

PM'ing you.

And yes, the lottery is the only way all DS are doing the dresses for now. Saturday's only and you have to enter the lottery and you can only enter once that day and for only one size. The DS online still has a 2 item limit and I hear that's for 30 days...so for an entire month you can only order 2 of one frozen item. I feel bad for anyone with 3 or more kids. The online store has been restocking about 1x per week and 100% of the stock sells out within about 30 mins. If you follow DS on facebook and/or twitter they post the minute the restock goes live. So of course thousands of people get that alert and log on in that instant.

Pear
04-29-2014, 12:06 PM
I managed to find Anna and Elsa magic clip by going to Target every day for a week. Luckily there were 2 of each left because I needed them for DD and DN. they were the last items on the shelf and after me there was nothing left.