PDA

View Full Version : 2011, 2012 Sienna Navigation Question

LD92599
04-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Can you make changes to the navigation while you're actually driving or do you need to be stopped (or close to 5 mph)?

khm
04-21-2014, 09:35 AM
Can you make changes to the navigation while you're actually driving or do you need to be stopped (or close to 5 mph)?

I don't know about the Sienna, but in our Sequoia (2011 nav installed) and in a 2011 Lexus, yes, the nav can only be programmed when STOPPED. It is super annoying, the vehicle knows there is a passenger in the seat (airbag sensor) but it won't let said passenger enter in an address.

You can try and speak it, but ugh, never works. You can also try and enter quickly at a stop light, but I have never gotten that to work, entering is just too pokey on their systems.

I primarily use my phone / google maps, honestly. We did buy a hacked nav disc off ebay that said it stripped the restriction, but it didn't work for us.

daphne
04-21-2014, 01:15 PM
I have a 2012 Sienna. You need to be stopped. It is such a pain, sometimes. I use the voice command function all the time, but I'm not sure what you mean by making changes to the navigation - they might be outside of the voice command capabilities.