PDA

View Full Version : What can I do if WDW trip is 13-14 months away?

kristenk
04-21-2014, 04:36 PM
The last time we went to WDW was 7 years ago and we went in late January with super low crowds. Going at the beginning of summer is going to be a huge difference! I don't remember much of anything from planning that trip, and, chances are, the things that I remember have probably changed.

So, my question. What can I do to prepare for a trip that will take place in over a year?

Is there a specific website or book that you'd recommend? Or any websites/books to avoid?

When is the best time to make hotel reservations?

candaceb
04-21-2014, 10:08 PM
That is not an extraordinary amount of time to be planning ahead for a Disney trip. Some people on disboards are already figuring out trips for 2016!
Some things you can do:
- check out "The Unofficial Guide to WDW 2014" from the library - don't buy it because it is already out of date with the info on Fastpass+
- start reading disboards
- decide if you want to stay offsite or onsite and book accommodations. If you stay onsite, you can rebook if/when better deals come out.

klwa
04-22-2014, 07:41 AM
If you're planning to stay on site, the prices for 2015 haven't come out yet, so you probably won't be able to book at this point. I think they normally come out in August (?) so you'll want to pay more attention around then.

As for websites/books, I really like Easywdw.com for a good broad knowledge base (with a touch of snark) without getting too much info thrown at you at once. The Disboards can be intimidating at times, but they have a LOT of good info on there.

Mousesavers.com and allears.net are also good tools.