PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Sienna and AAA or Costco Pricing? Anyone have?

LD92599
04-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Buying a 2014 Sienna this week most likely but wondering if anyone has concrete #'s from AAA or Costco? i went into one dealer last night, asked for the AAA price sheet and they didn't present me with what AAA says should be a "plastic laminated sheet."

I have a list of Toyota contacts at all of the area dealers to start spamming with emails later tonight!

AshleyAnn
04-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Check with your car insurance. Most big companies offer roadside assistance insurance for a very low yearly rate. I used Gieco's roadside assistance last year and was more than pleased with the service I received

AnnieW625
04-23-2014, 09:42 AM
You can see the invoice price on costcoautocenter.com and the price you will pay will be under invoice, but you can't find out that price until you test drive; but in my case my car (VW Passat 2013) was $800 under invoice at the dealer we bought from (we actually test drove at another dealer as well that advertises they are a Costco dealer, but their Costco discount was only $500 and the car they had in stock was black and DH really didn't want black). I found the program worth it for me and I would definitely recommend it and even if you aren't a Costco member it might be worth the $55 membership fee to use the program and then you can always cancel if you don't buy a car using the program (or don't have a warehouse near you). You don't need to be a member to see the invoice price on the website.

I would also price check using true car.com, Edmunds.com, CarsDirect.com, or a local credit union auto lending site, but all of this info will change based on where you live though and based on my experience the Edmunds price of the car was more than the Cars Direct price in my area.

Good luck!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-23-2014, 10:02 AM
if you start emailing dealers, create a new throwaway email account because you will never get off their email lists. I still get emails almost two years later despite asking them all to stop.

Most of them replied to my initial email and said "please call us to discuss your email". Um, no.

TwinFoxes
04-23-2014, 12:50 PM
Buying a 2014 Sienna this week most likely but wondering if anyone has concrete #'s from AAA or Costco? i went into one dealer last night, asked for the AAA price sheet and they didn't present me with what AAA says should be a "plastic laminated sheet."

I have a list of Toyota contacts at all of the area dealers to start spamming with emails later tonight!

Did you ask for the AAA rep? I don't know about AAA, but with Costco they send you an email with a ID number, and the name of the salesperson to talk to at the dealership. That salesperson has the price. BTW, I'm literally buying a car as we speak, and negotiated less than the Costco price.

AnnieW625
04-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Did you ask for the AAA rep? I don't know about AAA, but with Costco they send you an email with a ID number, and the name of the salesperson to talk to at the dealership. That salesperson has the price. BTW, I'm literally buying a car as we speak, and negotiated less than the Costco price.

The AAA rep called me after I filled out the form on the net as well, and they also sent me an email with the dealer contact and info. Unfortunately I didn't have a great experience with the AAA dealer so I can't really talk too much about the whole buying experience (I wanted a specific car and he said he couldn't get it for me as he didn't have access to the cars and he really wanted me to buy from dealer stock, and then he got all pissy a week later when I told him I bought the vehicle from another dealer 5 miles away and that he could have gotten for me....ugh, wrote a bad review for the AAA auto program about him as well) . I am sure you can negotiate under a Costco price, but I didn't have the energy to do so and did lots of price research on forums specific to my car as well so I knew I was getting a fair price..

LD92599
04-23-2014, 04:27 PM

What are you buying!?!? I'm armed w/ info from Edmunds etc and prefer to do all of the haggling via email except no one has the color and combo I want!

AnnieW625
04-23-2014, 06:01 PM
What are you buying!?!? I'm armed w/ info from Edmunds etc and prefer to do all of the haggling via email except no one has the color and combo I want!
another nosy bbb'er wondering what TwinFoxes is buying...

just curious what color combo do you want, and would you be happy with a different color in order to save money? For us as much as I didn't want a black car I would have preferred black exterior with black interior instead of tan interior on any other exterior car color because I think tan interiors get dirty too quick. I would use the cars in stock to negotiate as well (unfortunately in my case I was way more picky about transmission and diesel fuel so while I knew I could try and avoid tan interior I knew I just couldn't be as picky about exterior color if my car met the other 3 requirements).

TwinFoxes
04-23-2014, 10:20 PM

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited. I love it so much! So many features standard...but really, it was the captains' chairs that sold me! But it is a lot of car for the $$$.

I wasn't expecting to haggle, I thought I'd just take the Costco price, but it was a couple thousand more than some target prices I'd seen online. So I went for below the target price! AND GOT IT! I felt very much in control. Anyway, I think the Costco prices are quite good, but Costco even says it might not always be the best price. I think on a different day, different mood, I would have not been into the negotiation.