PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Tori Spellings show on Lifetime ?

Pennylane
04-24-2014, 09:40 AM
I happen to catch it last night and can't really understand why she is putting this all out there? I have a really hard time feeling sorry for her as I know she was having a relationship with her now husband when he was still married. I am always surprised when these women are shocked that they are now the ones getting cheated on!

On the other hand, looks like she is trying really hard to make her marriage work and doing her best to take care of her 4 young children.

It was like a train wreck!

Ann

janine
04-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Didn't see it, but I think they put it all out there out of endless need for attention and also for the paycheck. People can't help but watch train wrecks so the more you put out there the more cha-ching and chance for renewal. Just like Lindsay Lohan or Kardashians. Sickening really.

scrooks
04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I saw it. It was ridiculous but I couldn't stop watching. On one hand I feel bad because I am guessing she needs the money and her dh truly is a douche. I would be pretty ticked about being left to take care of 4 very young kids myself. I do think she is really trying to hold it together for them. On the other hand...quit drawing attention to yourself AND most importantly your innocent kids. Oh...and you KNEW your husband was a douche because he cheated on his first wife with YOU!

Pennylane
04-24-2014, 10:37 AM
I saw it. It was ridiculous but I couldn't stop watching. On one hand I feel bad because I am guessing she needs the money and her dh truly is a douche. I would be pretty ticked about being left to take care of 4 very young kids myself. I do think she is really trying to hold it together for them. On the other hand...quit drawing attention to yourself AND most importantly your innocent kids. Oh...and you KNEW your husband was a douche because he cheated on his first wife with YOU!

Yes, Exactly! Other than money, I can't figure out why she would do this. I also wonder if she is trying to get her mother's attention and maybe some financial help??

Ann

IansMom
04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
I watched it. I agree with you, OP. My mom always says "If he will cheat with you, he will cheat on you."

I feel bad for the kids because at least Liam seems to know something is wrong. And I felt bad for Stella when she seemingly didnt want to get out of the car because the papparazzi was there. I dont know if I will continue to watch it though. I may just wait and catch the last episode.

DualvansMommy
04-24-2014, 10:52 AM
It's a train wreck and a totally bad idea on Tori's part! I can't fathom why she'll want to do that, apart from $$ needs.

It isn't like she got her plate full with trying to care for the 4 kids itself, without the additional stress of trying to figure out where/ what to do going forward in regards to the marriage without adding a tv show !

The thing that strikes me as a very bad idea is the fact it's a tv show which means Liam and other kids can easily watch it themselves years down the road. As a parent, I would want to protect the kids as much I could from the marriage fallout , especially if I decided to stay in the marriage with a cheating spouse. I wouldn't want the kids to know any of the drama, kwim ?

KpbS
04-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Didn't watch but please, quit airing your dirty laundry and get thee to a counselor, financial advisor ( to learn how to manage your $) and attorney for support! Gracious!

megs4413
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
The general consensus among the gossip bloggers is that she fabricated this entire "storyline" after their last show got cancelled and they ran into money troubles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2611827/Did-Tori-Spelling-fake-marriage-woes-secure-lucrative-new-reality-show.html

celebitchy, dlisted, idlyitw are all reporting the same thing and some of them have some pretty good "evidence" to back it up. I tend to think it's an embellishment of the reality that they're living just like any other reality show. I do not feel sorry for her. I feel very sorry for their children.

Twoboos
04-24-2014, 11:45 AM
So I read about this in People :bag where "sources close to the family" said she wants to do this as a form of punishment for him, and he is willing to go through it to save their marriage.

I think it is horrible to do to the kids. And he creeps me out. He's the host of Chopped Canada on the Food Network and I can't watch it.

sntm
04-24-2014, 12:46 PM
The general consensus among the gossip bloggers is that she fabricated this entire "storyline" after their last show got cancelled and they ran into money troubles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2611827/Did-Tori-Spelling-fake-marriage-woes-secure-lucrative-new-reality-show.html

celebitchy, dlisted, idlyitw are all reporting the same thing and some of them have some pretty good "evidence" to back it up. I tend to think it's an embellishment of the reality that they're living just like any other reality show. I do not feel sorry for her. I feel very sorry for their children.

I've read this too and totally believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janine
04-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I believe it , fabricated story or trumped up to get the show to last.

SAD, dont' watch it people! :)

Mopey
04-24-2014, 12:58 PM
To this day what fascinates me the most is that Mrs. Spelling kept hundreds of millions of dollars for herself. I even watched her HGTV show about packing up the house and her new (huge) apartment one day when I was sick. I cannot fathom what her children did that was so terrible she doesn't help either of them at all. That's what makes me feel sick and sad. Like she's still jealous about all the attention her kids received from their dad. That is sad imho.

And yes, I'm sorry but if he'll cheat with you he'll cheat on you :(

Pennylane
04-24-2014, 02:53 PM
To this day what fascinates me the most is that Mrs. Spelling kept hundreds of millions of dollars for herself. I even watched her HGTV show about packing up the house and her new (huge) apartment one day when I was sick. I cannot fathom what her children did that was so terrible she doesn't help either of them at all. That's what makes me feel sick and sad. Like she's still jealous about all the attention her kids received from their dad. That is sad imho.

And yes, I'm sorry but if he'll cheat with you he'll cheat on you :(

I'm also curious about that. She is Tori's mom, right? Not a stepmother?

Ann

amatahrain
04-24-2014, 03:08 PM
I guess I'm one of the few that like her. Tori is one of the few celebs I enjoy watching on reality TV & I've read 2 of her books. I think she's easy to relate to and likable. She speaks in a way that is familiar and comfortable. I like her style & her newest line of kids clothing at JC Penney is adorable. I could take or leave Dean on the other hand. I fully believe he has a drug problem - he looks high is every picture I've seen of him for the past year or so. For Tori's (and the kids) sake I hope the story line is fabricated although realistically I know it is probably to make money/stay relevant. Then again based on how they met and cheated on their spouses I guess it isn't a stretch...

Tori and Jennie Garth have a new show coming to ABC Family. I plan on checking it out. Mostly b/c I loved the original 90210.

amatahrain
04-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Yes she is her bio mom. They've pretty much always had a rocky relationship that stems from Candy Spelling being jealous of Tori's relationship with her dad. In Tori's book she talks a lot about their relationship and being disinherited. She says she was kept from her dad for the last few months (years?) of his life. I think Candy encouraged Tori to get plastic surgery as well although I'm pretty sure it would have happened eventually anyway. I read Candy's book a couple of years ago and I think she really a relationship with Tori & her grandkids. It was nice to see them reconcile.

**Just realized I know way too much about and have a very strong opinion about the Spellings, lol.**

Mopey
04-24-2014, 04:41 PM
I actually like her too - I appreciate how hard she seems to work and the fact that she has tried to rise above the past to let her kids have a relationship with their Grandmother. :)

ETA: So my suppositions are out there - jealousy. So sad :( Also, I've seen maybe two episodes of her show a few years ago. Never liked him but thought she seemed like a good mama. Man, the crap I will watch when I'm sick!!

hwin708
04-24-2014, 05:11 PM
To be fair, they were BOTH married to other people when they met and had an affair. So I can see why she wouldn't be hung up on the cliche of "if he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you." After all, she cheated with him, but didn't cheat on him. She's always been pretty upfront about what happened - she loved her husband, but he was really a friend, and she married him for the wrong reasons. Then she met Dean and wham! And I have empathy for that. I can understand settling for what seems like a good, happy marriage, albeit not something that feels so terribly special, then meeting someone that you truly believe is "the one." And believing that makes it something different than "just cheating," makes you and your guy something more than just cheaters, who will obviously do it again. For her, she didn't cheat just to cheat. She cheated because she really fell in love. I can understand why she believed he felt the same way, especially two divorces, one marriage, and several years and kids later.

And maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. I don't think cheating and addiction problems immediately equates to not loving someone. It does, however, equate to an unworkable marriage.

As to why she would publicize all this - I remember the media coverage this story was getting when it was just the story of the girl he cheated with, and then a lot of speculation about more cheating. The press was pretty brutal... to Tori. A lot of the stories took the same angle many posters here do - that he cheated with her, so she should have seen it coming. There was a rather large amount of glee in the "I told you so" tone to nearly every story on this. This is the story the tabloids have been waiting for since the day these two got married.

So again, I remain empathetic - I can understand why she would want to paint more sympathetic - and real - picture about what is going on. Why she would like to demonstrate WHY she is still with her husband, after every tabloid mocked her for being an idiot for staying with him - and show that it is not that simple or easy. So at least if the marriage does end, the stories won't just be "Tori finally realizes the reports about infidelity are true, what a slow idiot" but instead at least say that she attempted to fight for her marriage in counseling, but it could not be saved.

While I agree that this is all awful for the kids to be dragged into, so are all the tabloid covers going around already. At least this show demonstrates that their parents' marriage isn't as simple as their dad being a sleaze.

IDK I guess I just don't think she is getting a fair shake in this. It all feels so... mean spirited. She wants to work on her marriage, and have some semblance of control over how the media views her family. What is so awful about that??

twotimesblue
04-24-2014, 05:55 PM
IDK I guess I just don't think she is getting a fair shake in this. It all feels so... mean spirited. She wants to work on her marriage, and have some semblance of control over how the media views her family. What is so awful about that??

Why can't she just put the darned cameras away, and work on their marriage issues in private? Have some dignity for the sake of their children, rather than inviting the world to watch them air their dirty laundry, for the sake of a paycheck? She has been in the business her whole life so she knows full well that doing a reality show is akin to signing a faustian pact. You have to keep feeding the beast with sensational story lines, or people will stop watching.
That's assuming these issues aren't fabricated... if they are, it makes them both despicable people for dragging their kids into this mess. The eldest two could already be getting teased at school over the whole sorry affair.

I have never seen the show, but I remember reading an interview with Tori last year in which she said that they were too broke to pay for Dean to get a vasectomy. The reporter pointed out her claims seemed unlikely... there was the huge advance she'd received for her latest book (conveniently out around the same time as this 'story') and the fact that they employ a coterie of staff, including three nannies... they would likely have no trouble paying for the procedure. In the days of 90210, I'm pretty sure she denied having any plastic surgery (hmmmmm....) I called BS on anything she had to say after that!

TBH I wish the whole 'reality' genre would disappear. I work in the entertainment business and it depresses me to see how networks overlook great, original programming in favor of brain-rotting cr*p like the Kardashians.

123LuckyMom
04-24-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm no huge Tori Spelling fan, but I sympathize with someone like her choosing reality tv to make her living. In my mind the fault lies with those of us who watch these shows, not with the people who choose to make money this way. In Tori's case, if she couldn't succeed as an actress (and IMO she is not an acting talent), and she didn't inherit from her dad, how was she supposed to make an honest income? It's not like she's a brilliant mind, and she's famous. She couldn't just work. Who would hire her? Can you imagine the disruption it would cause if Tori Spelling worked at your office or place of business? Besides, reality tv is easy, easy big money with good hours for a mom. I don't blame her for trying to make a go of it. Besides, in her not so brilliant way, I bet she thinks seeing her story will help others. I'm sure that's what the producers have told her. They're good at convincing people of things like that. They probably believe it themselves.

I have never watched her other show, and I didn't see the one you guys are talking about, but I was curious enough about the dirt to read the thread! ;)

niccig
04-24-2014, 09:58 PM
I agree with turning the cameras off and letting your kids not be dragged publicly through their parent's infidelity. I don't think she knows how to do that as the reality show is their livelihood and she doesn't know anything different. I feel very sorry for her kids. Once it's all out there, it's never going away.

As for her husband cheating - no surprise there. They both cheated on first spouse to be together, it's a lack of boundaries that has continued. I think the statistic for successful 2nd marriages based on infidelity are really really low. How can you trust your spouse when YOU KNOW everything they did to not be trustful to their first spouse.

As for whether Tori deserved this - no, no one does. By all accounts she was cruel to the ex-wife though, so maybe this is karma. She's now experiencing similar pain she put someone else through.

As for Tori not having any of the Spelling money, I don't see where it's mandatory for children to inherit from parents. I think Warren Buffet has said he won't be leaving his money to his kids, they can work to make their own.

Mopey
04-24-2014, 10:08 PM
TBH I wish the whole 'reality' genre would disappear. I work in the entertainment business and it depresses me to see how networks overlook great, original programming in favor of brain-rotting cr*p like the Kardashians.

ITA and could not agree more. This is how I feel about the Disney/movie-cation of Broadway. Truly awful. I KNOW there are genius originals out there writing and creating and all people want to see is (regurgitated) schlock :(

Mopey
04-24-2014, 10:15 PM
As for Tori not having any of the Spelling money, I don't see where it's mandatory for children to inherit from parents. I think Warren Buffet has said he won't be leaving his money to his kids, they can work to make their own.

I do see what you mean in general (and this is pretty much the way in my family). Honestly, it just feels strange to me because in terms of the helping out it's very far from what I know - at least in her circumstances (4 kids, no big career kicking). I don't know what Candi does with all of that money but it seems malicious after reading a PP who said she kept Tori away from her dying dad?

And then again, every ounce of all of this could be fabricated. Then she'd have the last laugh - look who's a good actress after all! :47: