PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose Me - Hip Pain

rachelh
04-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I think it started close to two weeks ago. Initially I felt it while I was standing up from sitting a long time. Now I beginning to feel it even when sitting and the pain gets worse as a I stand and take a few steps. It is really only in my left hip but I do think I am starting to feel something on my right side also.

I, am of course, overly concerned because someone I work with who is about the same age as me just had a hip replacement.

MSWR0319
04-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I think it started close to two weeks ago. Initially I felt it while I was standing up from sitting a long time. Now I beginning to feel it even when sitting and the pain gets worse as a I stand and take a few steps. It is really only in my left hip but I do think I am starting to feel something on my right side also.

I, am of course, overly concerned because someone I work with who is about the same age as me just had a hip replacement.

I'll post more later, as Im on the way out the door to PT for what sounds to be almost the exact same issue. If I forget to post again, pm me.

rachelh
04-24-2014, 12:46 PM
I'll post more later, as Im on the way out the door to PT for what sounds to be almost the exact same issue. If I forget to post again, pm me.

Thank You!

wendibird22
04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
My friend who is a daily yoga practitioner has a very similar ailment and was just diagnosed with an inflamed bursa.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409

MSWR0319
04-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Sent you a pm!

pharmjenn
04-25-2014, 10:09 PM
I have had pain in one side for a couple years. It was a pain down the outside of my hip, worse when I first stand up. I would actually be weak for a minute and limp. I finally got PT and was diagnosed with a piriformus muslcle issue. The piriformus is a deep butt muscle, that when inflamed can affect the sciatic nerve. Stretches and deep massage have done wonders. I can say I am on the recovery from the pain in my butt!

I think there are a lot of issues that can cause pain like you are describing, and few lead to hip replacement. That was my fear as well.

kellij
04-25-2014, 11:28 PM
My friend who is a daily yoga practitioner has a very similar ailment and was just diagnosed with an inflamed bursa.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00409

I have this as well. It started about 2.5 years ago and was awful at first and now just hurts when I touch my muscles there or lay on my side for too long.

lcarlson90
04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
I have hip pain caused by running. It's at the top of my hip and it hurts when I walk and lay on that side. I saw the Ortho and he said it was bursitis. After I had the pain for the first time I took a few months off running and did PT and that helped.