PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing an anniversary when one spouse has passed?

sarahsthreads
04-24-2014, 04:26 PM
My grandfather passed away at the beginning of this year. He and my grandmother would have been married 67 years this coming Sunday, and I feel like I should do something to mark the day for her. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sarah :)

BDKmom
04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
If she lives near you, maybe take her out to lunch? If she's not close enough for that, I would send a "thinking of you" type card and/or call her. Is there anything particular they would have done to mark the day? Was he a flowers kind of guy or anything like that? If so, I would do something along the lines of what he might have done.

ETA: Maybe do a photo book of pics of them throughout their marriage, if you have access to any. I think Walmart and a couple of the pharmacies have quick turn around.

hillview
04-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I used to send my grandma flowers.

BunnyBee
04-24-2014, 06:47 PM
So sweet to think of her! A card, call, or flowers I'm sure would be appreciated. (Unless like my grandmother, flowers would get you a huge lecture on waste... ;) )

tabegle
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
I always let my sister know I'm thinking of her on her wedding anniversary, her dh's bday, & the anniversary of his death. She appreciates it, though we don't stay on that topic for very long as it's still so sad for her.

wellyes
04-24-2014, 08:31 PM
I would send flowers, something small. I am sure the gesture will be appreciated.