PDA

View Full Version : Car decision help...

flashy09
04-26-2014, 02:16 PM
I am looking for a new car as I can't fit a passenger in the back seat with my two rear facing carseats and the front passenger is also quite cramped. So my 5 seater SUV is now a 1.5 seater!

I have narrowed it down to three cars - the Volvo XC70, the Acura MDX, and the Infiniti QX60.

I love driving the Volvo. The visibility is great, the safety features are great without being obnoxious, and it has a very wide backseat and huge cargo area. But I wonder if I am going to miss a 3rd row in a few years. However, I could lease one and then not take such a depreciation hit if I need more space in two/three years. Also, I know Volvos are very safe, but it's not as high up or heavy as a big SUV. What is going to happen if I get hit by someone in a Denali?? Everyone seems to be in such big vehicles these days. The ground clearance is good -8 inches - but it's still lower to the ground than a real SUV.

The Infinity is great to drive in my opinion, I love the soft suspension. The third row is actually useable for an adult and it has the third row access with a carseat feature that I can use in a year or two when DD1 goes FF. But it only got 4 out of 5 stars on the frontal collision test and has not taken the small overlap. Is that concerning? I really do want a very safe car. Also, how safe is the third row? I read the USA Today article about "killing your kids" in the third row, but that was written awhile ago. Is the seat structure safer now and what about the limited distance to the rear of the vehicle in a rear end crash?

The MDX gets 5 stars in crash ratings and got a Good rating (highest given) in the new small overlap. I don't like it as much because of the smaller third row (if I am doing a third row, I want a good one!) and it's a little bumpier. I know it's supposedly a great driving car, but I have a sporty BMW x3 and am really craving a soft suspension. But is it so much safer than the other two options that I should go for it?

Thank you!

marinkitty
04-26-2014, 03:03 PM
What about the XC90 instead? Then you get the things you love about the Volvo with the third row. I really did use my third row once the kids hit school aged. I just traded in my XC90 after 11 years and it was such a fabulous car. I needed to size up but if I had not, I would have bought another one.

flashy09
04-26-2014, 03:28 PM
What about the XC90 instead? Then you get the things you love about the Volvo with the third row. I really did use my third row once the kids hit school aged. I just traded in my XC90 after 11 years and it was such a fabulous car. I needed to size up but if I had not, I would have bought another one.

I can't get two carseats and a passenger in the second row....which is what I much prefer so I can have the third row down most of the time for cargo space. The third row for me right now would be used very infrequently.

infomama
04-26-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm in your shoes. I'm deciding between the xc90 and the 2015 Highlander. Have you driven the highlanders? They are pretty nice. IIHS gave them a top safety pick plus too I think. I keep thinking "this car has to be a tank....dd2 will be driving it in a few years!" To me, tank =Volvo but I haven't driven one yet. I was throwing around the 2015 outback since they redesigned the awful interior but it's too small for you probably.

Tondi G
04-26-2014, 04:08 PM
go with the Infinity. It seems to cover all of the stuff you want and need. Cushy ride, has a 3rd row (you will want it in a few years when both of your kids bring a friend home after school.

AnnieW625
04-26-2014, 04:13 PM
If I were to replace my Pilot today I would definitely think about an XC70 (I like the wagon style vs. the SUV), or maybe a Ford Flex.

FWIW we didn't use our third row until DD1 was in school and it is pretty tight for adults. TBQH if we had adults in and out if our car a lot I probably would have gotten the Flex or a mini van for ease of use.

theriviera
04-26-2014, 04:51 PM
go with the Infinity. It seems to cover all of the stuff you want and need. Cushy ride, has a 3rd row (you will want it in a few years when both of your kids bring a friend home after school.

I have this car and I love driving it. However, you would need 2 radians outboard to fit an adult between. I'm a size 2/4 (not pregnant) and while I could fit between a frontier and a marathon, it was not comfy.

flashy09
04-26-2014, 06:52 PM
I have this car and I love driving it. However, you would need 2 radians outboard to fit an adult between. I'm a size 2/4 (not pregnant) and while I could fit between a frontier and a marathon, it was not comfy.

I think I could do a Foonf and Corocco on the bench part for now and leave the outboard seat free. But I will have to check that....it seemed like it would work, but I only had the I Foonf with me. When DD2 outgrows CCO I will put another Foonf or Radian outboard (or just as narrow combination seat if that exists) and put passengers in the center or third row.

theriviera
04-26-2014, 07:12 PM
I was surprised that i couldn't get a good install with the radian in the center. However, we got a solid install with the frontier 90 in the middle. How wide is the Foonf?

flashy09
04-26-2014, 08:00 PM
I was surprised that i couldn't get a good install with the radian in the center. However, we got a solid install with the frontier 90 in the middle. How wide is the Foonf?

It's 17" so same as Radian.

daisysmom
04-26-2014, 08:23 PM
I am making a similar car decision in the next few weeks. Leaning toward the Infinity too.

theriviera
04-26-2014, 09:10 PM
It's 17" so same as Radian.

I think the radian is 14. But, that is still narrow. I also have a frontier and a graco infant seat in there. Both of those are 19".

flashy09
04-26-2014, 09:26 PM
I think the radian is 14. But, that is still narrow. I also have a frontier and a graco infant seat in there. Both of those are 19".

I think 14" is the internal shoulder width, but the actual outside of the seat is 17". At least that's what I read....you may have measured the seat and be much more informed! If so, then I definitely will be getting a Radian when DD2 outgrows the Coccoro!

Jen841
04-26-2014, 11:51 PM
We considered the above plus the Acadia and ended up with a Buick Enclave. Love it!

flashy09
04-27-2014, 08:19 AM
We considered the above plus the Acadia and ended up with a Buick Enclave. Love it!

I am very much considering the Enclave! Just haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I am taking each car for 2 days so I can really play with carseats, stroller loading, kid loading, etc. So it's slow going, lol. The Enclave is the safest according to this website http://www.informedforlife.org

It's the two rear facing seats that is making it tough - very hard to access third row if you can't walk behind them in captain chairs. I am trying to get both seats next to each other on a bench and leave the outboard seat free for third row access or a passenger. I can't find an Enclave with a bench to test the seats though. It is considered the absolute safest according to this website http://www.informedforlife.org

Maybe I could walk behind a Corocco on a captain chair?

smilequeen
04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
DH had an MDX for a few years. I know they just recently changed it (although it looks pretty similar), but we found it really cramped. The legroom in the backseat is not great and I think that would make it even harder for an adult to squeeze in, unless he/she was very small. I found even the front passenger seat uncomfortable in terms of leg room, but I'm tall. I only liked actually driving it.

I really liked the Infiniti. We have the biggest one because that little bit of extra space behind the 3rd row tipped it from not being able to fit what I needed, to fitting it (hockey bags...and I use the 3rd row all the time). If I didn't need that bit of extra space behind the 3rd row, I would have gotten the smaller one. But I LOVE my Infiniti.

AnnieW625
04-27-2014, 09:50 AM
The new MDX seems much larger and a bit wider than the old one. I haven't actually sat in one yet, but I might add it to my list as well.

Just curious what do you have to do to get a two day test drive? They rarely advertise that option here, but I live in the LA basin so it is probably a huge liability to advertise that option.

westwoodmom04
04-27-2014, 10:53 AM
I am looking for a new car as I can't fit a passenger in the back seat with my two rear facing carseats and the front passenger is also quite cramped. So my 5 seater SUV is now a 1.5 seater!

I have narrowed it down to three cars - the Volvo XC70, the Acura MDX, and the Infiniti QX60.

I love driving the Volvo. The visibility is great, the safety features are great without being obnoxious, and it has a very wide backseat and huge cargo area. But I wonder if I am going to miss a 3rd row in a few years. However, I could lease one and then not take such a depreciation hit if I need more space in two/three years. Also, I know Volvos are very safe, but it's not as high up or heavy as a big SUV. What is going to happen if I get hit by someone in a Denali?? Everyone seems to be in such big vehicles these days. The ground clearance is good -8 inches - but it's still lower to the ground than a real SUV.

The Infinity is great to drive in my opinion, I love the soft suspension. The third row is actually useable for an adult and it has the third row access with a carseat feature that I can use in a year or two when DD1 goes FF. But it only got 4 out of 5 stars on the frontal collision test and has not taken the small overlap. Is that concerning? I really do want a very safe car. Also, how safe is the third row? I read the USA Today article about "killing your kids" in the third row, but that was written awhile ago. Is the seat structure safer now and what about the limited distance to the rear of the vehicle in a rear end crash?

The MDX gets 5 stars in crash ratings and got a Good rating (highest given) in the new small overlap. I don't like it as much because of the smaller third row (if I am doing a third row, I want a good one!) and it's a little bumpier. I know it's supposedly a great driving car, but I have a sporty BMW x3 and am really craving a soft suspension. But is it so much safer than the other two options that I should go for it?

Thank you!

I had the Acura MDX and got rid of it for precisely the reason you want to get rid of your current SUV-- with 2 car seats in second row, you can't access the back row without climbing over the second row seat back or getting into the car via the rear hatchback. You can't really fit an adult between the two car seats in the second row, which I think is a common problem with most SUVs. I drive a Ford Flex because we could get captain seats in the second row, leaving the third row easily accessible. Have you considered cross-overs or a minivan?

SnuggleBuggles
04-27-2014, 11:14 AM
I too wonder why you haven't looked at minivans. They are practical as all get out.

HannaAddict
04-27-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm in your shoes. I'm deciding between the xc90 and the 2015 Highlander. Have you driven the highlanders? They are pretty nice. IIHS gave them a top safety pick plus too I think. I keep thinking "this car has to be a tank....dd2 will be driving it in a few years!" To me, tank =Volvo but I haven't driven one yet. I was throwing around the 2015 outback since they redesigned the awful interior but it's too small for you probably.

The Highlander didn't do as well in the latest IIHS small overlap test. There were some surprising results.

theriviera
04-27-2014, 12:21 PM
I really wish that more manufacturers would offer more than 1 tether point in the 3rd row. Then you could put the kids in the back when needed (grandparents visiting).

marinkitty
04-27-2014, 12:27 PM
When my kids were little I had carseats in the passenger side and middle of the second row and an adult could easily sit behind the driver. Plenty of room for that in the XC90 with Britax Roundabout and Marathon and later with Radian and Marathon. I also fit Marathon in the middle with two outboard Radians when I had three across in the second row.

flashy09
04-27-2014, 12:30 PM
I had the Acura MDX and got rid of it for precisely the reason you want to get rid of your current SUV-- with 2 car seats in second row, you can't access the back row without climbing over the second row seat back or getting into the car via the rear hatchback. You can't really fit an adult between the two car seats in the second row, which I think is a common problem with most SUVs. I drive a Ford Flex because we could get captain seats in the second row, leaving the third row easily accessible. Have you considered cross-overs or a minivan?

My hope is that with a Foonf and Coccoro I could put the two carseats next to each other on the bench and then leave the outboard seat free for a passenger and third row access. In my X3, I can't get anybody in the backseat at all! I think I can make it work in the Acura or Infiniti. The nice thing about the Infiniti is that when DD2 outgrows the Corocco in 1.5 -2 yrs from now and needs a bigger seat, I can turn DD1 FF and put her outboard and still access the third row. The seat is designed to go forward with a FF carseat, which is really helpful. But it didn't get 5 stars in the frontal collision test and so that makes me nervous about what would happen in the small overlap test and it's overall safety. It seems like most cars get 5 stars pretty easily.

I really have no need for a third row right now, which is why the Volvo XC70 station wagon is so appealing. It has a huge backseat. But everyone keeps telling me I will need a third row when the kids get older so I figured I could get a third row now and just leave it down most of the time. It would be a handy a few times per year. Does anyone have a new XC70? I don't see them around much at all.

My hesitation about the minivan is that I often drive around the farm and into fields. It's not super rugged terrain, but ground clearance is needed. The Volvo actually has the most ground clearance - the same as my X3 - 8.3 inches. The Acura is 7, the Infiniti is 6 and I just can't go lower than that (the Odyssey is 4.5). I could make do with using DH's 4runner, but hate having to rely on his car to be around when I need it. Plus we are quite social at night after the kids are asleep and I don't want to park downtown in a minivan. Or do solo errands all the time in it. I did look into them last fall when I realized how small my car actually is, but just can't do it yet!

westwoodmom04
04-27-2014, 12:39 PM
My hope is that with a Foonf and Coccoro I could put the two carseats next to each other on the bench and then leave the outboard seat free for a passenger and third row access. In my X3, I can't get anybody in the backseat at all! I think I can make it work in the Acura or Infiniti. The nice thing about the Infiniti is that when DD2 outgrows the Corocco in 1.5 -2 yrs from now and needs a bigger seat, I can turn DD1 FF and put her outboard and still access the third row. The seat is designed to go forward with a FF carseat, which is really helpful. But it didn't get 5 stars in the frontal collision test and so that makes me nervous about what would happen in the small overlap test and it's overall safety. It seems like most cars get 5 stars pretty easily.

I really have no need for a third row right now, which is why the Volvo XC70 station wagon is so appealing. It has a huge backseat. But everyone keeps telling me I will need a third row when the kids get older so I figured I could get a third row now and just leave it down most of the time. It would be a handy a few times per year. Does anyone have a new XC70? I don't see them around much at all.

My hesitation about the minivan is that I often drive around the farm and into fields. It's not super rugged terrain, but ground clearance is needed. The Volvo actually has the most ground clearance - the same as my X3 - 8.3 inches. The Acura is 7, the Infiniti is 6 and I just can't go lower than that (the Odyssey is 4.5). I could make do with using DH's 4runner, but hate having to rely on his car to be around when I need it. Plus we are quite social at night after the kids are asleep and I don't want to park downtown in a minivan. Or do solo errands all the time in it. I did look into them last fall when I realized how small my car actually is, but just can't do it yet!

Hmm, I was never able to put my kids that close to one another in the car, once the youngest was past infanthood, there would be too much pushing /pulling/etc. . of one another to make a go of it. Have you thought about that possibility? Maybe some of the crossovers would work for you.

lhafer
04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Look at the 2014 MDX. The redesign makes it just like the QX60 Infiniti. I'm also trying to decide between these 2. Driving them, I like the MDX better. You can have 3 different driving settings (sort, normal, etc).

They both are super nice and I'm not sure you can wrong with either. If you need adults in the 3rd row, the Infiniti wins out by a small margin.

lhafer
04-27-2014, 02:04 PM
I love the Buick enclave as well, but have decided to take it off the table because it doesn't have a push start button, and requires keys to start. Doesn't sound like much, but my current car (a minivan) has a push start button and I feel like it would be going backwards. I don't want to pay upwards of $50k for a car that requires keys to start when a $18k civic has that kind of technology.

AnnieW625
04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
.....The Volvo actually has the most ground clearance

TBQH we use our 3rd row in very rare occasions (maybe 3-5 times a year) and if I liked a vehicle more without the 3rd row because I knew I would need the storage then I would give up the third row in a heart best for more storage. We work full time outside the home though and rarely have the need for carpool or play dates so the storage capacity has been well worth it for us. I wouldn't have paid extra specifically for a 3rd row.

I would also take the ground clearance thing into account as well.

Also this is the BBB and you have to take into account that not everyone IRL who has 1 or 2 kids automatically gets an SUV with a 3rd row and uses it all of the time so just because someone says they use it all if the time doesn't mean that you will.

Simon
04-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Hmm, I was never able to put my kids that close to one another in the car, once the youngest was past infanthood, there would be too much pushing /pulling/etc. . of one another to make a go of it. Have you thought about that possibility? Maybe some of the crossovers would work for you.
:yeahthat: Ds3 loves to kick and spit in the car to get attention from his brothers. He also kicks adults sitting next to him because he thinks its a game. We use our 3rd row just so they don't have to be next to each other. That said, most of our friends with only 2 kids don't use a 3rd row at all and don't have one. I don't think its at all a necessity.

ZeeBaby
04-27-2014, 07:48 PM
We have a 3rd row and we don't use it that often, but our kids are still too young for a lot of carpooling. My friends with kids that are on a lot of teams use their third rows a lot. I wouldn't buy a car only because of the third row, but I am only looking at cars with third rows for my next car. I just like the ability to stack everyone in the car in a pinch. I am looking at many of the same cars do this thread is helpful to me as well.

meggie t
04-27-2014, 11:16 PM
I have a 2011 XC70. Love it. Let me know what questions you have.

We bought ours when we lived on the west coast. Not many around. We are now on the east coat and there are a lot here.

lhafer
04-28-2014, 08:16 AM
We have a 3rd row and we don't use it that often, but our kids are still too young for a lot of carpooling. My friends with kids that are on a lot of teams use their third rows a lot. I wouldn't buy a car only because of the third row, but I am only looking at cars with third rows for my next car. I just like the ability to stack everyone in the car in a pinch. I am looking at many of the same cars do this thread is helpful to me as well.

This is me too. We only have 2 kids, and won't have anymore. So while a 3rd row isn't necessary, I think it will be nice. I have a minivan right now, and use the 3rd row very little, and never for adults. We don't carpool, but as a scout leader, I do haul my troop around to field trips, pick some up and take some home from meetings, etc. And I can only see continuing to do this as my 4 year gets older and joins scouts (she can't WAIT). So I like having the option.

KLD313
04-28-2014, 08:42 AM
I have two kids and an Acadia Denail. I wanted the third row so I could keep the seats down and have enough room for double strollers and groceries and stuff like that. I've used the third row twice, once w my friends kids and once my BF sat back there. I have the captains chairs and the kids outboard and rear facing. If I push the front seat all the way forward you can easily walk around the car seats to the third row without climbing in thru the back.

khalloc
04-28-2014, 09:14 AM
I have a Subaru Outback right now. The back seat is tiny. I get that people like 3rd row seat, but I'm not sure I can rationalize driving a huge car just on the off chance that I will have to carpool. I'm going to be in the market for a new car in the next 12 months and I was thinking another Outback. But should I be getting something larger? I dont like minivans to be honest. And I am not sure I want to drive a huge SUV and pay all that extra money for gas just so I can drive my kids friends around a few times a month. Right now I can drive 1 extra kid around in the middle back seat. My DD is 8 and in the next 12 months her and her friends will not need boosters. Then I figure in 4 more years I could have a 12 year old in the front seat. But it would be nice to have a 3rd row. Just not sure I want to go that route. I can see the appeal though!

lhafer
04-28-2014, 10:23 AM
3rd row SUVs don't have to be huge or even big. If you like better fuel economy, and only plan on using the 3rd row sparingly, then look at SUVs like the Toyota RAV4, The new nissan Rogue, the new Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia sorento, etc. all offer 3rd rows, but aren't huge.

MommyofAmaya
04-28-2014, 05:26 PM
I love my XC70. There is plenty of room for two seats and a third person in the back seat. I hate driving other children around so I'm glad not to have a third row. DS just got a brand new BMW wagon and I honestly prefer the Volvo for many reasons.

If I was buying Volvo again I would definitely go with preowned. Volvo's Certified Preowned program is amazing. 7 years or 100K with pretty liberal coverage.

flashy09
05-24-2014, 08:58 PM
So much has changed! I scratched the Infiniti off because it didn't get 5 stars in the NHSTA frontal crash and the auto brake is useless. I don't like that they advertise a feature they must have tested on their own and know isn't adequate...it totally bombed the IIHS collision test.

Decided I do need 3 rows to truly make buying a new car worth it so there went the Volvo and the ML350.

So the only SUV that meets my safety and carseat/room requirements is the Acura MDX. Took it for two days and really liked it. Thought I would buy it. HOWEVER.....I decided to just try the Honda Odyssey so I could confirm that I really don't want a minivan. I have it until Monday. And I love it. Not everything - I wish it had wood and was quieter and smoother and had push buttons rather than levers and straps. But the room is amazing, all the seat configurations are amazing, I love the cool box, the sliding doors, the vacuum, and especially the center seat that goes forward 5 inches so I can stick the pacifier back in the baby's mouth at stoplights without climbing into the backseat. When I put the third row seats down, my DD1 can literally run around in the cargo space and that would be a lifesaver as I park by the rail at the racetrack every morning to watch the horses train and she is bored out of her mind.

I still don't know what to do. It's between the MDX and the Odyssey. I don't need all the cargo space of the Odyssey, but I love it.

Now that I have warmed to the minivan, is there any need to look at another brand? I have it in my mind that the Honda is the best just from this forum and general googling, but does anyone actually prefer another?

TwinFoxes
05-24-2014, 09:07 PM
I'll toss my car out there. I have a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited. It has a great third row, and captain's chairs in the second row. Great safety ratings, and it has pretty much everything. Backup camera, auto tailgate, leather interior, heated seats, blind spot detector (so cool) and Bluelink which is like OnStar. My friend has a Volvo SUV, she likes her DH's Santa Fe better. I love my car!

JBaxter
05-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Seems its either the Honda or Toyota We have been happy with our Honda for 5 yrs. We just did a huge garage purge and had a ton of stuff for donation in the back ( took 2nd row seats out laid the back down) We don't have a truck and Im amazed at how much I can get in the van on those occasions I need cargo room

Katigre
05-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Have you looked at the Nissan Quest? It's called the Infinity of minivans bc the interior is far more luxurious than either Honda or Toyota (whose interiors both get criticized in reviews for being cheap). We love our quest - we have one that's the years old and it's awesome. I particularly love how quiet the road noise is which isn't he case for Honda and Toyota unless they've fixed that issue on the 2011 redesign.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Katigre
05-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Double post.

LD92599
05-24-2014, 09:37 PM
I just got a Sienna Limited after having an '11 Ody Touring. The Limited has wood touches, much quieter than the Ody on the inside. Keyless start but no cool-box! I found the 3rd row seats easier to put up/down in the Ody though but I think i just need to get used to the difference. Now after driving both, I can compare!!!! I did get the AWD limited though so that'll be nice in the winter.

DietCokeLover
05-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Love my Nissan Quest. Mine is 9 years old now, and when I get ready for a new vehicle, I will definitely look to getting another Quest.

boogiemom
05-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Traded in our 2009 Sienna for a 2014 Odyssey two weeks ago. Sienna was nice but it started having random rattles and irritating noises very early on. Got worse with age. Finally couldn't stand it and went to test drive new vans. Only tried the Sienna and the Ody. In 2009, Sienna won out for us, no contest. Was quieter. Nicer ride. Etc. Was surprised with how impressed we were with the Ody this time. All four in our family overwhelmingly voted for the Ody. :-) Quieter. Ride was similar. Way more options. Love the touchscreen. Love the keyless ignition. Love the good sized backup camera and the awesome right turn camera. I just told my husband today that I am over the moon happy with this car. More so than any new car I have ever had. I am just really enjoying it way more than I expected.

Good luck!

lhafer
05-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I have a 2012 Nissan quest after having a 2006 Nissan quest for 6 years. Love the new quest! The interior is awesome, which is why I love it (the exterior isn't my favorite). Super smooth ride, quiet, all the seats fold flat, so you don't have to remove seats. The only thing about it is if you want a kiddo in the middle of the second row, that's not an option. It only has captains chairs in the middle row. That said, you can scoot the chair forward and people can climb into the 3rd row behind the seat with a car seat in it.

Last summer we took it on a cross country trip for a month. Took 3 days to drive from Texas to Utah. Through mountains and desert, it never gave me any worry. It was a super comfy drive, and even the kids (ages 3 and 7) didn't complain. I proceeded to do a lot of driving over that month...put about 2,000 miles on my car. It is a total pleasure to drive. And the kids never complain about getting in it.

My favorite thing about my quest is the hidden storage in the back. Lift up the flaps and I have a neck pillow for my DH on our long trips, an extra low back booster for suprise kid pick iOS after school, my yoga mat, a first aid kit, a roll of paper towels, a Travel potty/bags and toilet paper (http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-2-in-1-Potette-Plus-Blue/dp/B0016L0MMS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401024562&sr=8-1&keywords=Travel+potty), my kindercarry backpack, and a couple of other smaller items. I love that I can fit all the stuff I like having in my car for emergencies, etc all the time, but don't have to worry about it clanging around or whatever. It's stowed away.

Here is a review of the model I have. http://www.trippinwithtara.com/2012-nissan-quest-review/

mom2binsd
05-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Just remember that perks like being able to put that pacifier back in is a short lived need.... I'd look at your needs longterm... I love my minivan, honestly the sliding doors alone worth their weight in gold. Also, I've noticed that on this board there are more minivan naysayers than I see IRL...I think it's great that you're taking a few days with each to try!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

AnnieW625
05-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Well I think you have the Cadillac of mini vans with the Honda Odyssey Touring, but I would definitely check out the Toyota Sienna (in all black I think it looks awesome!), the Nissan Quest......and probably the Chrysler Town & Country, especially if I wasn't sure how long I would want to keep the van past the car seat/booster stage, but if I knew I was going to keep it forever I would probably pay the extra money for the Honda, Nissan, or Toyota. I didn't think I liked the style of the Quest, but I have gotten used to it and there won't be a parking lot full of them like you might get with Honda and Toyota (in my area it is older mid 2000s Odysseys, and all ranges of Toyotas, but the Toyota is hands down the winner in popularity here).