PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 10 year anniversary gift for DH?

hillview
04-26-2014, 07:57 PM
It is coming up soon. Any creative ideas for a special gift?

azzeps
04-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Go somewhere just the two of you for a weekend? Sorry, that's not terribly creative, but that's what we did - drove somewhere about an hour away, stayed in a nice hotel, had a nice dinner together, got massages. It was one night, but it meant a lot to him to get away by ourselves. Hard to say what would be most appreciated by your DH because I don't know him. Does he have any special hobbies?

hillview
04-26-2014, 08:23 PM
we are going away. I am thinking of a token or something for him. Something from Etsy? I have no idea

lyt202
04-26-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm planning on going through our pictures and putting together a photo book of our years together for our 10 year anniversary. I figure I have a few months to work on it.

gatorsmom
04-26-2014, 09:24 PM
we are going away. I am thinking of a token or something for him. Something from Etsy? I have no idea

Not to be x-rated here but when I couldn't think of "a token something" to give my DH for one of our recent anniversaries, I gave him a night to remember, iykwim. ;). Since we had gone away just the two of us, I prepared for a nice night of doing things we hadn't done since we had kids. Of course, that was a real hit for DH since a long time had passed with us just getting by on quickies and maybe your love life is a little more spicy than ours was. Anyway, my point is it was definitely something he remembered and still talks about. DH said at the time it was better than any gift I could have thought of. Poor guy was really deprived. :D

Maybe bring along a jar of Nutella for "dessert" after a nice dinner?

hillview
04-27-2014, 09:09 AM
Lisa DH would love that!!

AnnieW625
04-27-2014, 09:56 AM
DH and I went out to dinner and I probably had better than quickie sex as well although we didn't go away. Lisa's desert idea is a good one.

azzeps
04-27-2014, 04:13 PM
I guess that was what I was trying to say by "go away just the two of you..." LOL!!!

You could get something sentimental, too. I have seen key chains engraved on etsy or luggage tags, if he travels, with your joint monogram or something. But I have a feeling most guys would like something involving their wife in some slinky lingerie! Be careful if you don't want any more kids - DS was our anniversary gift!!!

elephantmeg
04-27-2014, 04:15 PM
we went back to where we honneymooned and stayed a week. Guilt tripped my parents into watching the kids at our house!