PDA

View Full Version : Bathing suit (tankini) help!

Pilotbaby
04-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Its that time again- bathing suit season. I think I need to switch from a two piece to a one piece or tankini. I have tried on some tankinis and I like the concept however, the tops always hike up revealing my entire belly. Is there such thing as a tankini with a loose- free flowing top? If so, any recommendations? Or one pieces you love? TIA

mikala
04-29-2014, 08:27 AM
I noticed high waisted bottoms in the Lands end catalog that might help with this. I think a loose and flow top would just float up more whenever you are in the water.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-shape-enhance-ultra-high-rise-swimsuit-bottom/id_248771

SnuggleBuggles
04-29-2014, 08:28 AM
No idea on a loosefitting one but I recommend the Negril tankini from title nine. It has great ruching and is very flattering and comfortable

specialp
04-29-2014, 08:35 AM
La Blanca is also very flattering. Several options on zappos. I like the title nine pp suggested. It didn't fit me well (too long in torso) but was flattering. Not a fan of the loose tops.

barkley1
04-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I noticed high waisted bottoms in the Lands end catalog that might help with this. I think a loose and flow top would just float up more whenever you are in the water.

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-shape-enhance-ultra-high-rise-swimsuit-bottom/id_248771

I wore tankinis when pregnant, and this was the worst issue. If you dont want your stomach showing, loose, flowy tops aren't the way to go. They float right up every time you get in the water.

marinkitty
04-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I have a couple that have side rutching that seems to help them stay put - I know one is a La Bianca. But honestly, I just went back to bikinis because tankinis drive me crazy. Too short or snug and they are riding up, too loose and you have a billowy mess in the water. I have two one pieces that I wear when I really need the coverage - both are Calvin Klein. But I bought a bunch of Tommy Bahama bikinis and they have several bottoms that are cut to cover that lower belly mama tummy and still let you wear a bikini.

Pilotbaby
04-29-2014, 12:19 PM
I wore tankinis when pregnant, and this was the worst issue. If you dont want your stomach showing, loose, flowy tops aren't the way to go. They float right up every time you get in the water.

Thanks for the link. I don't really mind if it floats up in the water because then I feel somewhat covered by the water. lol Its walking around that bothers me. Maybe its just my body type but the tight ones just don't stay down on me.

SnuggleBuggles
04-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the link. I don't really mind if it floats up in the water because then I feel somewhat covered by the water. lol Its walking around that bothers me. Maybe its just my body type but the tight ones just don't stay down on me.

Seriously, give the T9 one a try. http://www.titlenine.com/product/601120.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn#.U1_WSMdZ9FU I carry my extra weight in my belly (:() so too tight ones don't work. This one is great. FYI, the brand is Lole and you can buy them at Zappos too in lots more colors and other prints.

cookiemonster80
04-29-2014, 01:11 PM
my sil just got this one- I think it also comes in black from LE
http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-beach-club-oval-scoopneck-blouson-tankini-top/id_266575
It has a band at the bottom and she said it looked great and stays in place.
I'm intrigued

nfowife
04-29-2014, 06:32 PM
I would just get a one-piece if your main concern is midriff showing. There are some nice more youthful ones at Boden, athleta, and Title 9.

hillview
04-29-2014, 06:37 PM
But I bought a bunch of Tommy Bahama bikinis and they have several bottoms that are cut to cover that lower belly mama tummy and still let you wear a bikini.
:yeahthat:

AnnieW625
04-29-2014, 10:11 PM
I have a Boden tankini and I like it a lot, but on a whim last year I bought an Athleta bikini from the "Not So String" line and I love it and DH says that is more attractive than my tankini (and I am nowhere close to my lowest weight). I already have my eyes on another "not so string" bikini. The bikinis were more flattering than the one piece suits; I was quite surprised!

I have a ruched Lands End tankini top and bottom, but my main complaint about it is that the leg holes are still too conservative and draw way too much attention to my stomach and wide hips. Sometimes I wear the top with a swim skirt. I wore this top a lot when my kids were in mom n me lessons because it wasn't a halter top they could accidentally pull down.

Pilotbaby
05-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I have a Boden tankini and I like it a lot, but on a whim last year I bought an Athleta bikini from the "Not So String" line and I love it and DH says that is more attractive than my tankini (and I am nowhere close to my lowest weight). I already have my eyes on another "not so string" bikini. The bikinis were more flattering than the one piece suits; I was quite surprised!

I have a ruched Lands End tankini top and bottom, but my main complaint about it is that the leg holes are still too conservative and draw way too much attention to my stomach and wide hips. Sometimes I wear the top with a swim skirt. I wore this top a lot when my kids were in mom n me lessons because it wasn't a halter top they could accidentally pull down.

Thank you everyone! For some reason, I can't find the Not So String line on their website. My Hubby would probably prefer this to a tankini too so I am open to trying it:)