PDA

View Full Version : ideas for Christening cake

DualvansMommy
04-29-2014, 09:21 PM
DS2 will be having his christening next month and it's time to put in my order for a cake. Thing is i'm stumped this time, as want simple yet classic but be funky or bit different though…

if you were to attend a christening, what kind of cake flavors you like? i don't want overly complicated flavors where people will have hard time figuring or tasting it.

The event will also be on mother's day and will be providing buffet style with breakfast station, kids station, hot station, seafood station, omlett station, salads/soup station and a dessert station.

Also, would you do a cake or a cupcake style for the "cake"? i'm liking the idea of cupcake version as we'll have significant number of kids ranging from 15 years to 4 months old, so i'm thinking that's more popular.

crayonblue
04-29-2014, 09:35 PM
There are yummy cupcake shops cropping up all over the place so I think a cupcake style cake with a variety of super yummy flavors would be fabulous!!! I personally prefer chocolate above every other flavor. :)

lalasmama
04-30-2014, 12:34 AM
For a simple, classic with a little funk/different, would you consider having a polka dot or tie-dye cake (funky/different) with an "expected" (traditional/classic/simple) frosting like white/cream-colored frosting?