PDA

View Full Version : Which kid club for 11 yr old on the Wonder?

mytwosons
04-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Still trying to decide which cruise, but most likely will do the Wonder. It looks like 11 yr olds can go in either the Oceaneer Lab or Edge. The activities for the Edge seem more fun, but I'm not sure about having my 11 yr old with 14 yr olds! Do they break it up into smaller groups by age?

egoldber
04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Based on our experience, most older kids won't want to do the Oceaneer/Lab, they will want to do Edge. And most kids that age meet up amongst themselves. I think the counselors do an excellent job of coordinating activities. You can actually register for both and your kid can decide what they prefer to do. I think that the Edge kids actually spend relatively little time in the Edge and are often out and about on the ship.

One of the best things I did for older DD on our cruise was sign up for a cruise Facebook page. I then got e-mail addresses of other kids her age so that she already had made a connection before getting on board. And definitely have your child go to the meet and greets the first night. That's when all the kids meet with the counselors and they plan the activities for the cruise.