PDA

View Full Version : Random...tennis folks/vera bradley fans question

Melaine
04-30-2014, 12:06 PM
So I have been sort of casually watching for deals on VB backpacks for the girls for next year. They are having a great sale on ebay right now. My girls had also mentioned they like crossbody straps. One if them pointed out the tennis racquet bag as what she wanted. Well, if I thought it could hold their stuff that would be great because they are $20 on ebay! Can anyone with this bag OR with a tennis racquet give me a guesstimate on size? it says holds two racquets plus a pocket for shoes/accessories....is a racquet head the size of a notebook?

hellokitty
04-30-2014, 12:11 PM
No, it won't work out as a school bag. Sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Melaine
04-30-2014, 12:26 PM
thanks!! too bad....maybe I should wait a couple years for VB bags for them.

athompson
04-30-2014, 01:08 PM
thanks!! too bad....maybe I should wait a couple years for VB bags for them.

Probably. I waited until ODD was nine to open up the VB floodgates:)

Melaine
04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Looking at the tennis sling dimensions, I'm not convinced it wouldn't work. hellokitty do you have the actual bag? does it get too narrow at the top?

acmom
04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Looking at the tennis sling dimensions, I'm not convinced it wouldn't work. hellokitty do you have the actual bag? does it get too narrow at the top?

I don't have that actual bag, but played tennis and had a wide variety of tennis bags/backpacks. I looked at that one and don't think it will work either. Like you said, I think it will be too narrow at the top (and possibly not thick/wide enough from front to back). Looking at that one, I would guess it was designed to hold 1, maybe 2 rackets, so it would be designed to zip closed snuggly around their handles, which wouldn't leave enough room at the top for the width of a folder, book, binder,

cilantromapuche
04-30-2014, 04:11 PM
DD has the bag (for a tennis bag) and it could work but I don't know that you would want to to. It is definitely a raquet bag shape and it wouldn't hold much, but maybe you don't need it to?

I love the VB backpacks but we stick with LLBean because they are so easier to clean and more durable. The tennis bag and lunch bag were our VB purchases for DD.

The trends for kids are younger and younger. I remember HS kids carrying LV bags when I went. It was a scene out of Heathers.

Melaine
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys! that helps. I think they will need a biggish bag anyway since their GH jr. bags are very tight. I looked at the campus backpacks today IRL and we really like those but they are just way too pricey even half off. I'll keep deal hunting!

hellokitty
04-30-2014, 05:58 PM
No, I don't have that bag, but I used to play a lot of tennis. The tennis shaped bags really are basically only meant for tennis or maybe as a gym bag at best. It is oddly shaped and I think it would be frustrating to use as a school bag.