PDA

View Full Version : Sleepover party favor?

94bruin
04-30-2014, 08:19 PM
We're having a small sleepover party for DD's 9th birthday in a few weeks. Plan is to have pizza, watch a movie, then sleep.

Any ideas for favors? I'm more inclined to give one bigger favor vs BOC.

A previous sleepover favor from a friend was a blanket. We're experiencing 90 degree temps today, so I can't imagine giving away blankets!

elephantmeg
04-30-2014, 08:21 PM
a flashlight?

MMMommy
04-30-2014, 08:30 PM
For sleepovers we've done pj sets, slippers, and robes (different sleepovers, not all for the same party!).

keh602
04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Pillowcases that they could decorate with fabric markers?

Kestrel
04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Slipper sox? Or just cool, wild sox in general?

Indianamom2
04-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Ok, I'll be the crazy odd one out here, but I cannot think of a single time when I slept over at a friend's house that I received a favor and I don't plan on doing so when my kids have friends over. Isn't the party, movie and pizza enough? Certainly you can do as you like, but it feels like it's unnecessary to me.

Philly Mom
04-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Ok, I'll be the crazy odd one out here, but I cannot think of a single time when I slept over at a friend's house that I received a favor and I don't plan on doing so when my kids have friends over. Isn't the party, movie and pizza enough? Certainly you can do as you like, but it feels like it's unnecessary to me.

I agree completely!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marie
04-30-2014, 09:13 PM
For DD1's 10th birthday sleepover, we did a make-your-own lip gloss kit so it was an activity and favor in one since each girl took home 2 lip glosses. :) I also got nail polish paint pens.

For regular sleepovers, I wouldn't do a favor but OP said it was a bday party so I don't think it's crazy to have favors for the kids.

94bruin
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Isn't that party favors in general? :)

Hmm, I'll have to think about this one. I'd still like to have some ideas in case I so decide to give put favors, though.

For the slippers or slipper sox, any idea where I can get a good deal on them?

How about the flashlight?

ETA: was supposed to include Indianamom2's post. Using ipad, so don't know how to fix it.

SnuggleBuggles
04-30-2014, 09:27 PM
We stopped doing party favors around 9yo.

KLD313
04-30-2014, 09:35 PM
My friend did socks rolled up to look like a cupcake and tied a ribbon around it and the stuck either lip gloss or nail polish in the middle to look like a cherry on top. Really cute.

NCGrandma
04-30-2014, 09:44 PM
a flashlight?

At that age, I'll bet those small crank flashlights would be a big hit, as well as useful for sleepovers. My 9-y.o. DGD1 loves them, and they are lots more practical than flashlights that just eat batteries. I've even found some crank flashlights with small solar panels.

That said, I'm sure glad that b'day parties in the olden days did NOT involve favors!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

emily_gracesmama
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
We are having an art party for about fifteen followed by a smaller sleepover for my daughter's ninth. The thing they decided they want to do is play hide and seek outside in the dark with glow sticks so glow sticks or flashlights may be an idea. I am doing Rice Krispie purple chocolate dipped paintbrushes as a favor at the party.

hellokitty
04-30-2014, 10:15 PM

Yeah, to all of this. When you host a sleepover, you're paying for hours of food and entertainment and they're messing up your house. I don't think a favor is needed. The parents are probably just thankful that you took their kid off their hands for one night, lol. There's the favor!

Pennylane
04-30-2014, 11:15 PM
I bought plain wooden frames from Michaels and had the girls decorate them. Then I took a group photo and put it in after they dried. Super cute and very cheap!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gracemom
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
All the sleepovers my DD has done did not have a separate favor. They just took home whatever craft they created during the sleepover.

janine
05-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Yea clearly things have changed since the 80's, we just came home with our sleeping bag and dirty clothes! My DD's are still a few years from sleepovers so this is news to me (favors and planned crafts).

oneplustwo
05-01-2014, 08:55 PM
We've done a ton of sleepover birthday parties. For many of them there was a craft that became the party favor (decorating pillowcases, making pretzel wands for a Harry Potter theme, making necklaces, etc.). A lot of the parties also had a treasure hunt with clues along the way, leading to the treasure, which is almost always finger lights and glow sticks (fun to connect into bracelets, necklaces and long sticks). These are the finger lights: http://www.amazon.com/LED-Finger-Lights-40-pcs/dp/B0045H0L1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398991822&sr=8-1&keywords=finger+lights

Twoboos
05-02-2014, 09:01 AM
We did pj pants from Target for DD1's sleepover bday party. They were a huge hit.