PDA

View Full Version : Stop scheduling parties for Memorial Day weekend!

94bruin
04-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Why oh why, did two classmates have to schedule birthday parties on the same weekend I was planning for DD1? It's a Memorial Day weekend! Aren't you all supposed to be vacationing? (well, I know why people aren't - it's the last week of school, so I think everyone's just waiting til vacation.

It wouldn't be an issue if they were both short parties. However, one of them is a girl/sleepover party. And DD1 is not inviting her to her own sleepover party, so I don't want it the same weekend just in case some of the girls talk...

Now I have to move it to the weekend before Memorial Day, but DD2 has a birthday party in the late afternoon. So will she be forced to miss out on that party?

Aacck - just looked at my calendar - it's only over two weeks away! Now I really have to get a move on it. Ugh!

AnnieW625
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Are they American? One of DD1's classmates scheduled their birthday party that weekend a few years ago and the mother is not American or raised in America so I was an oversight on her part. She had no idea it was such a big travel weekend.

What about moving your DDs party back a week as that will give you a little more time.

HannaAddict
05-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I don't understand. It sounds like you have a conflict as also scheduled a party? Am I missing something.

94bruin
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I wanted to schedule DD1's sleepover party for Memorial Day weekend - on that Saturday. However, there's a whole-class party on Sunday afternoon (which would have been okay) and then a whole-class party (evening), with optional girl sleepover Sunday evening. Since DD's party is only a few girls, I didn't want to schedule it the night before the Sunday sleepover - just in case some girls talk.

In any case, I moved it to the weekend before (5/17). Luckily it's just a casual sleepover, so I don't really have to prepare anything. I personally just wanted more time to recover from her party. :)

The other issue is that DD2 has two birthday parties (5/17 AND 5/18). So she may end up missing the Saturday one due to logistics since I work on Saturdays.

Annie - since it's the last weekend before the end of school, I think most families are sticking around. The last week is only 3 days.

Too many kids born in May! Mine included!

mom2binsd
05-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Don't you hate it when others beat you to it????

Next year send out your invitations super early!!!!

Sounds like you have a solution....and yes May is a busy month, especially with Mother's Day thrown in and most school's ending at the end of May!

AnnieW625
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Too many kids born in May! Mine included!

too many hot August nights, hee hee;).