PDA

View Full Version : bummed on anniversary

MamaSnoo
04-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. It is after 9 pm local, my kiddos in bed asleep (where they should be!), and I am hanging out alone eating Liberte' lemon yogurt (full fat ;) ) because DH is out at a nice dinner with a visiting faculty person for his department. I knew he would be going for the past week. Spouses were not invited. I would not have wanted to get a sitter just to go out with his colleagues anyway. We both knew the dinner was on our anniversary. I knew it would go down this way. Still, I am bummed. I feel like such an afterthought. :(

barkley1
04-30-2014, 09:25 PM
That stinks :(. A company DH used to work for had an out of town conference every year on Valentines Day. I mean, really....EVERY year?! So I know what you mean. Silver lining: that yogurt sounds awesome, and you can put that babysitting money towards a fun anniversary date since you didn't have to go to the boring work thing:)

baymom
04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Sorry, that's stinks!! I'll be right there with you in a couple months. DH has to fly out of town on our 15th anniversary. There is no way around this, and I know it. But, I'll be bummed out that evening, too. :hug:

Kestrel
04-30-2014, 10:06 PM
I would text him, and have him bring you home a fabulous dessert from the restaurant. :)

hellokitty
04-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I hope he makes it up to you. That yogurt sounds good! I want to try that brand.

HannaAddict
05-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Can you get a sitter for the weekend and celebrate then? Happy Anniversary. :)

Mopey
05-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Lots of sympathy to you OP - you can scroll down and see my bummed out anniversary post from last week! Here's hoping you two will get to have a hot date soon!!

:hug:

123LuckyMom
05-01-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm so sorry! Here's hoping your anniversary, "observed," will be a lot of fun!