PDA

View Full Version : What was your son's favorite gift received for his First Communion?

ourbabygirl
04-30-2014, 10:50 PM
I'd like to do something out-of-the-box for my nephew, or at least something that he would actually use or appreciate. Other than cash, do you have any ideas?

Thanks! :)

kboyle
05-01-2014, 07:57 AM
I've been thinking this whole month and can't come up with any ideas for ds2. Hopefully someone will chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogiemom
05-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I bought my DS2 a little wooden box with a cross and his first name carved/burned into the top. Found it on etsy. I think it is supposed to be a box for his rosary but he puts little special trinkets in there. He really likes it.

lizzywednesday
05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
My cousin Will, who is now 14, to this day talks about the wristwatch I bought him for his First Communion.

My aunt & uncle claim he barely took it off during the first week he had it. That means a lot to me because I remember being so proud of my own wristwatch from my First Communion and I'd have worn it all the time, too. (We weren't permitted to wear wristwatches in school.)

I would go cautiously with this, though, because many families plan to give their children wristwatches for their First Communion - my mother's family did this, while my father's family gave rosaries.

Kindra178
05-01-2014, 09:35 AM
I wasn't going to give ds anything. I have no memory if my gifts for the event. I suspect our families will give money. To me, it's not a gift type worthy event. It's special just by itself.

AnnieW625
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't have a son, but my brother got a baseball mitt from his great uncle, and he loved it.

My grandpa told us that he wanted a Mickey Mouse watch for his first communion, this would have been 1933 so he and my grandma gave one to my sister a few yrs. later (as my brother already had a watch, that was standard 7 or 8 yr. old gift from my parents) and I think my sister is giving one to DD1 for hers next month, but a watch could work as well. I would ask the parents if he needs a watch.