PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea?

DietCokeLover
05-01-2014, 08:52 PM
How many days of your DC having diarrhea with no other symptoms would you let it go without going to the doctor?

hillview
05-01-2014, 09:03 PM
3 maybe.

SnuggleBuggles
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
I think it'd depend on eating and drinking habits.

essnce629
05-01-2014, 09:15 PM
A few months ago 4 year old DS2 had diarrhea with no other symptoms and actually had a few accidents when he couldn't get to the bathroom and get his pants down quick enough. It happened 2 days in a row and then I mentioned it to the mom of one of his preschool friends and she said her son had the same thing the week before and it lasted 5 days. So I figured he had the same thing and waited it out. Sure enough, he was fine by day 4 or 5. No other symptoms and he was eating and drinking fine.

DietCokeLover
05-01-2014, 09:20 PM
She has not eaten anything hardly since lunch on Saturday but is staying hydrated with water.

MamaMolly
05-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I'd be taking her in, or at the very least calling the ped. I would worry that she is loosing weight.

hillview
05-01-2014, 09:29 PM
is she peeing? I might call. is she eating ok? bad stomach pain? or just loose stool?

SnuggleBuggles
05-01-2014, 10:29 PM
I'd go in tomorrow. Did you ever go in this week at all after the weekend troubles?

DietCokeLover
05-01-2014, 11:22 PM
I'd go in tomorrow. Did you ever go in this week at all after the weekend troubles?

No, we didn't go. I figured it would pass, and then I made an appointment Wednesday. She told me she felt better, so I cancelled. Then today she continues to complain and have diarrhea. So, I am calling in the morning to get in before the weekend.

She is peeing, but not eating. Since Saturday, she has hardly eaten. She is drinking water pretty consistently. Her stomach pains come and go. At times she seems fine - out riding her scooter, and then at others, curled up on me saying it hurts.

I am wishing I had not cancelled on Wednesday, but the little stinker convinced me she was fine at the time.

egoldber
05-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I would call the ped, but they told me that children could have diarrhea for WEEKS and as long as they were eating and drinking normally, it wasn't a huge concern. Once the gut becomes irritated it can take a long time for things to calm down. Also, people can become temporarily lactose intolerant during a bout of diarrhea, so temporarily removing/reducing dairy and other potential irritants like juice can help.

But you say she isn't eating, so I would definitely call.