PDA

View Full Version : Help with MZ Wallace bag

hillview
05-02-2014, 10:59 AM
I'd like a bag that fits:
large wallet
iphone
largish sun glasses case
assorted random things (lipstick, small hand cream)

I'd like to be able to squeeze in 2 ipad minis but not most of the time

I'd prefer a smaller bag vs large tote.

What bag do I need?

The Jane looks way too big for me
The Baby Jane looks cute and might work -- can you put it over your shoulder (vs just handles?)
The Haley looks like a good option
The Paige looks good too
Also the Ivy looks good

ARGH

For reference the LV Totally PM works FAB for me in terms of size -- not looking for same style.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUBEQAfPkP4cohCZW5DagzN5YMlIh4X db-ccAWl8pDMhydbER_PQ (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=Ih3IPikM-Hc6WM&tbnid=Quzewq0K9L3EmM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.upscalehype.com%2F2009%2F05%2 Flouis-vuitton-totally-monogram-tote-bag-twitter%2F&ei=n7JjU8-tNqmpyAGqhoDoBQ&bvm=bv.65788261,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNHlM96mon11s4-TkB3g9cqFU5klCg&ust=1399129119085204)

lyt202
05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
I think both the Jane and Hayley will be too big for what you are looking for. I have the Jane for work and it holds alot. I returned the Hayley because I was looking for a smaller bag and it has about the same footprint as the Jane.

AtlantaMom
05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I have a Hayley and Paige. Out of those two, I would go with the Hayley. The Paige would be pretty stuffed if you had everything in it, I think. I really love the Hayley - It has a shoulder strap and a cross-body strap (Paige just has cross body), and it "slouches" a bit when it is not full so doesn't seem as large. They are both great purses though.

daisysmom
05-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I have a Hayley, a Jane and a Belle. I find they Hayley to look like a large bag until I use it... then it doesn't. In fact, honestly, it doesn't really comfortably hold all of my stuff with ease. The baby jane is 30% off on the website now in navy but it is final sale. I think it is a great bag - but I haven't tried it over my shoulder with a winter coat on let's say. So basically I am of no help to you at all but did want to respond :)

Kindra178
05-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Baby Jane would work with everything you describe. The handles work fine over your shoulder - very comfy. The regular Jane isn't really very big and very useful. The Hayley would fine too. It's more sausagey looking, but works well. It does fall off my arm with a winter coat, but fine with a spring coat.

kwc
05-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Have you thought about the Bianca? It looks big (and can hold a couple of file folders or just barely fit my MacBook Air) but as it is not very thick/wide, it still stays very close to the body (i.e., I don't knock things off the shelf when I wear it cross body... the Hayley was too thick/wide for me). I wear it cross body, over the shoulder or on the arm.

I find the Jane doesn't seem overly large when you are carrying it.

alootikki
05-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Also chiming in to say that the Jane is not really very big. I find it perfect for every day - I keep my phone, keys, lipstick and sunglasses in the outer pockets. Wallet/magazine/random stuff inside. It can fit my laptop when I go into the office. I really love it.

Kindra178
05-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Have you thought about the Bianca? It looks big (and can hold a couple of file folders or just barely fit my MacBook Air) but as it is not very thick/wide, it still stays very close to the body (i.e., I don't knock things off the shelf when I wear it cross body... the Hayley was too thick/wide for me). I wear it cross body, over the shoulder or on the arm.

I find the Jane doesn't seem overly large when you are carrying it.

I wanted to love the Bianca but I missed the outside pockets. I lost everything in it. I gave it to my sister.

Momit
05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I think you could fit all of that in a Paige. My full sized iPad fits, along with a large wallet, huge sunglasses case, phone, big wad of keys (front pocket), tissues, gum, snack for DS, lip balms etc.

ETA I have a Hayley as well but prefer the Paige for an everyday bag. The Hayley gets too stuffed and I just keep cramming more in.

JanBaby
05-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Does anyone have the Lizzie? I want to replace my Hobo cross body and love that it has two strap options. The website says it's only 9 inches long though I think which seems small but the picture with the model looks plenty big. I don't carry all that much but it's final sale and I've never seen an MZ Wallace bag but am now sucked in thanks to this board. Worth the risk?