PDA

View Full Version : Which Keurig machine do you have?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
05-02-2014, 02:21 PM
I'm fairly new to coffee, and am contemplating getting a Keurig machine. There's lots of different styles on Amazon - just thought I'd check in with you all to see what you have and if you like it...

Thanks
--Jennifer

AnnieW625
05-02-2014, 02:44 PM
We have the Cuisinart Keurig (http://m.costco.com/Cuisinart%C2%AE-Single-Serve-Brewing-System.product.11601693.html) and we like it a lot. A IRL friend rec. it as did a few people here. I got it just over a year ago when Costco was selling it in the warehouse, now it is more and online only. Bed Bath and Beyond might keep it and then you can use the 20% off coupon.

I know a few people who have the Keurig the Costco (http://m.costco.com/Keurig%C2%AE-Platinum-Single-Cup-Coffee-Brewing-System.product.11537017.html) sells now (and did at the same time they sold the Cuisinart one) for about $125-$140 at the warehouse and they have been happy with it.

I love the 5 cup size settings and the hot water button on ours. I buy hot cocoa or cider packs plus regular tea bags vs. having to buy the k cups for non coffee drinks. We also have the reusable k cups I use for decaf coffee, but the Newman's Own Organic, and Tully's Hawaiian regular coffees are good and often on special at Costco.

ang79
05-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Mine is the B40 w/ the regular K-cups, not the new Vue ones. I've had it maybe 3 years? A few times it was not working quite right (only brewing a partial cup), but a quick call to CS and they walked me through extra cleaning steps and it was back to working fine. Mine only has 2 size settings on it, but I'm the only one that drinks coffee here (DH will sometimes drink a Chai Latte or apple cider and I also use it for hot water to make the girls hot chocolate or oatmeal). It works for me. I use the regular setting for a normal size cup of coffee and use the extra bold k-cups on the larger setting to fill my travel mug. I also have a reusable k-cup that I put coffee grinds in for a cheaper option. Mine is the solo-fill cup and as long as I don't fill it too full of coffee grinds it works fine.

carolinacool
05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I have this one:

http://www.keurig.com/brewers/special-edition-brewing-system

I like it fine, but I will say I'm on my second machine. DH got me one for Christmas 2010, and the following October it stopped working. It started brewing short cups and the "prime" light kept coming on. This is not a rare problem - I have a couple of other friends who had the same issues. Keurig's CS was great. Because it had been a less than a year since I got the first one (and they just took my word for it), they sent out a new machine. The CS told me to always used either bottled or filtered water (I had been filling with tap water). And she suggested pushing the K-cup down on the bottom needle before closing the top (reducing pressure, which can sometime muck up the machine). I started doing those two things and haven't had a single problem in 2.5 years.

kdeunc
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
We got one of the small (single serving) size when someone here posted a super clearance at Target. I ended up returning two of these before I gave up. I will say that my MIL has one that she has had for several years (same model as mine was) and it works fine.

Mikey0709
05-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Can't live without mine here! I'm actually on my 3rd keurig due to problems & issues. #1 was replaced still under warrenty, 2nd one the pump went (and it was descaled regularly), and #3 is going strong for 2 years now (of course because i bought a warrenty). We have the B60 I believe - 3 cup sizes. We use it ALOT! Probably several times on most days. I even use it for hot water to heat up thermos's in the morning. We only put filtered water in it, and always run a water cycle after using it for hot choc or cocoa.

I would recommend getting it at Costco due to their return policy.

I used my STaples rewards and got our last one there - - the ONLY reason i did the extra warrenty on it. OOP was less than $50 total for me.

hillview
05-02-2014, 03:21 PM
I have this one:

http://www.keurig.com/brewers/special-edition-brewing-system

I like it fine, but I will say I'm on my second machine. DH got me one for Christmas 2010, and the following October it stopped working. It started brewing short cups and the "prime" light kept coming on. This is not a rare problem - I have a couple of other friends who had the same issues. Keurig's CS was great. Because it had been a less than a year since I got the first one (and they just took my word for it), they sent out a new machine. The CS told me to always used either bottled or filtered water (I had been filling with tap water). And she suggested pushing the K-cup down on the bottom needle before closing the top (reducing pressure, which can sometime muck up the machine). I started doing those two things and haven't had a single problem in 2.5 years.

We got this one at target about 2 years ago and it is still working well. A few times something strange happens and I have to goof around with it (empty water, unplug it etc) but then it works well. Honestly I think about giving it away. I LOVE It but I feel bad about the empty kcups we go through and land fill.

brittone2
05-02-2014, 04:06 PM
We have the recent costco version. I felt better going that route in case we had an issue, although the paperwork requests you deal with keurig first

AnnieW625
05-02-2014, 05:29 PM
We have the recent costco version. I felt better going that route in case we had an issue, although the paperwork requests you deal with keurig first

this was the main reason I bought at Costco too.

alexsmommy
05-02-2014, 07:57 PM
We have the Vue and we really like it. We live very close to Bed Bath and Beyond though, so picking up refills is easy and I never do it without a coupon. They occasionally have sales and with the coupons we've gotten some great deals. K cups are much easier to find, but it works for us. I also don't like using it for hot-chocolate only because I don't love the ingredient of many of the cups (and I prefer to make it with milk anyway) so the limited Vue flavors aren't really an issue. I love being able to run a 4oz cup with it.

erosenst
05-03-2014, 05:36 PM
If Costco still has the one they had about 6 months ago, it's an *awesome* deal. Five cups sizes, ability to set the heat, automatic on (so it's ready when you are in the morning) and off (so it doesn't waste electricity). In addition, it comes with 60 k-cups, which other similar models don't. (That alone is worth somewhere between $30 and $50.) Of course, Costco's return policy is an added benefit.

LOVE mine.

Twoboos
05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I think we have the B60, or whatever was available at BJ's at the time. We probably got it 4 years ago? I love it. I am addicted to the KCups from Trader Joe's, and I really like the Green Mtn iced coffee in the summer.

EllasMum
05-03-2014, 08:51 PM
I just recently (a week or two ago?!) got the B60 and didn't love the K-cup blends that I tried. I bought a Melitta 'JavaJig' which is a reusable K-cup you fill with your own grounds. Works great! I'm much happier with the Keurig now that I have the reusable cup. DD loves to be able to make hot chocolate herself. I heard that you could put a tea bag in the k-cup space and it would make tea, but it was TERRIBLE. I will just use my kettle for tea. ;) The B60 has 3 cup sizes, adjustable temperature control, and programmable settings so it can be ready when you wake up and are too caffeine-deficient to work out how to turn it on. LOL

zukeypur
05-03-2014, 10:34 PM
I got the one at Costco.....twice. The second one started acting up and I went back to a traditional coffee maker.