PDA

View Full Version : Need a high chair rec

MSWR0319
05-04-2014, 09:31 AM
DS is 2 and is currently sitting in his high chair next to the table. He really wants to sit at the table on the chairs, but isn't ready to just sit there with a booster seat. We have the bar height chairs though and it makes me nervous putting a high chair like the space saver on there. Thoughts? Anyone know of something I could sit on there for him so he could actually sit at the table with us?

mikala
05-04-2014, 11:23 AM
We have the keekaroo and like it a lot. My almost 2 year old has been sitting in it since about a year and my 4 year old still uses it sometimes too.

Momit
05-04-2014, 09:36 PM
We love our Tripp Trapp. DS is 5.5 and still uses it 3 meals a day. Not 100% sure how it would work with a tall table though.

Philly Mom
05-04-2014, 09:40 PM
I would use a booster at that age if it is too high for the trip trapp. We love the trip trapp for our dd1 at 2.5. She will be in it for years. Why don't you think you could use a booster or space saver. My baby sits in a space saver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

truly scrumptious
05-05-2014, 09:21 AM
I highly recommend the Svan high chair. The baby tray and front guard are removable so the chair can come right up against the table. Both our DC have them, and they have been going strong for 3 and 5 years. Like a tripp trapp they also grow into a desk chair later if you want.
http://www.amazon.com/Svan-Signet-Complete-High-Chair/dp/B0074Q5JEU

Melaine
05-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe checkout the kaboost with a highchair? I don't think the tripp trapp or similar would work with bar height table.

MSWR0319
05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
I would use a booster at that age if it is too high for the trip trapp. We love the trip trapp for our dd1 at 2.5. She will be in it for years. Why don't you think you could use a booster or space saver. My baby sits in a space saver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just concerned he'd tip the chair over easier since the bar height chairs seem to be a bit less sturdy than regular height. DS1 did ok but he wasn't as wild as this one!

Tenasparkl
05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I highly recommend the Svan high chair. The baby tray and front guard are removable so the chair can come right up against the table. Both our DC have them, and they have been going strong for 3 and 5 years. Like a tripp trapp they also grow into a desk chair later if you want.
http://www.amazon.com/Svan-Signet-Complete-High-Chair/dp/B0074Q5JEU

DD is 5.5 and still sits in her svan chair at the table. DS wanted no part of it so we bought a cheap ikea highchair and he loves it. You can buy it without the tray for maybe $20 and it pulls right up to the table. Easy and cheap!

twowhat?
05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
IKEA sells a junior chair that is higher than a regular chair but extremely sturdy. I could see it lasting for a few years! We have the adult version and it's seriously unbreakable. It's recommended for 3 years and up but depending on his height/personality/balance you might be able to go ahead and use it.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50207036/

Otherwise we were still using our IKEA high chairs (without tray - they pull right up to the table) at that age and I know folks on here love the Tripp Trapp but it's expensive. The Svan is super nice too, also very expensive. I feel like the Tripp Trapp and Svan would be better values if you used them from the start.

MSWR0319
05-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Great ideas! I need to do some more research. We won't be near an Ikea until July, but might be able to make it a few more months. That Kaboost looks really cool too! I think the Svan and Tripp Trapps look cool, but I don't know that we need to spend that much when he's already 2.