PDA

View Full Version : Wedding at the botanical gardens

sweetsue98
05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
We have a wedding mid June with the reception at the botanical gardens. I usually wear a little black dress but looking for something different. This will be my first wedding with my little one and the first wedding I am considering a long dress. My concern is chasing around my 2 and 4 yo in a long dress. I am not known for my grace and with that said I've stepped on my maxi dresses numerous times. Am I asking for trouble? Any other suggestions?

http://m.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=101&pageId=1&productId=570106397&viewAll=&prd=Sleeveless+Pleated+Maxi+Dress&subCatId=&color=&fromSearch=&inSeam=&posId=16&catId=cat210002&cat=Dresses++Skirts&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=7&size=

SnuggleBuggles
05-04-2014, 09:52 PM
That's really pretty. But, I wounds choose it for a few reasons. 1. Unless people usually get that dressy at weddings you go to, you might be better dressed than the bridesmaids, which could be weird. :). 2. Gardens can have mud, messy patches and other things you wouldn't want to have to worry about hiking your skirt up through, especially if your hands are full with kids.

mikala
05-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I agree with snugglebuggles and that's cute but I would probably pick a different dress. I'm dress shopping right now too and have stumbled onto tons of cute options. What's your build /what are your requirements? Length, neckline, etc. I just found an awesome dress at Anthropologie.

Eta: it may sound silly but I make a point of always wearing Boyshort style Spanx or similar when wearing dresses around a toddler. I've found myself picking up crayons under a table or trying to stop a little person from playing peekaboo with my skirt one too many times...