PDA

View Full Version : Good early pregnancy dress options?

nomnom
05-05-2014, 01:08 AM
I have a wedding coming up and I have a small pregnant pooch. Can any fashionistas help me find something? Here are some parameters:

1) I'd like something to wear that looks good with a small belly bump. The maternity dresses I'm finding look great, but perhaps will look funny since I haven't "popped" yet.

2) Preferably no black and nothing skin tight like a bandage dress.

3) Bonus if it has short or 3/4 sleeves!

Any suggestions welcome! I have a week left to find something. :/

citymama
05-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Congrats!

I know this is a casual dress, but this Boden dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Day/WH612/Womens-Casual-Jersey-Dress.html) is amazing with a small pooch - especially if you are not looking to flaunt it, and want something that will work later as well. Even if you find it too casual, this general style works really well - i wore it post-partum for a daytime party and it was super flattering. I think the Navy Fern, Pink Fern, Pewter Spot and Tropical colorways could work well for a casual wedding.

brittone2
05-05-2014, 09:44 AM
The blog aintnomomjeans often has great ideas for pregnant or poochy post partum and nursing moms.

nomnom
05-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! :)

AnnieW625
05-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I would try Boden as well. I love the Casual Jersey dress, reminds me that I need to get some more as I have worn out one (had it for almost 3 yrs!).

rolypoly27
05-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Congrats!

I know this is a casual dress, but this Boden dress (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Day/WH612/Womens-Casual-Jersey-Dress.html) is amazing with a small pooch - especially if you are not looking to flaunt it, and want something that will work later as well. Even if you find it too casual, this general style works really well - i wore it post-partum for a daytime party and it was super flattering. I think the Navy Fern, Pink Fern, Pewter Spot and Tropical colorways could work well for a casual wedding.

Citymama - what size do you wear in this dress? I think we have similar stats.

Congrats OP!

citymama
05-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Citymama - what size do you wear in this dress? I think we have similar stats.

Congrats OP!

I wear a size 2 in this and most Boden dresses. I wear a size 4 in some other Boden items. I'm about 5'5", 120 lbs, small framed.

rolypoly27
05-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I wear a size 2 in this and most Boden dresses. I wear a size 4 in some other Boden items. I'm about 5'5", 120 lbs, small framed.

Thanks! Just ordered it.

OP, if you're looking to order from Boden, code Z7W9 will give you 20% off and free shipping & returns.

citymama
05-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks! Just ordered it.

OP, if you're looking to order from Boden, code Z7W9 will give you 20% off and free shipping & returns.

What color did you get?

rolypoly27
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM
What color did you get?

Pewter Spot. I used my Rue La La voucher on top of the code so it was a good deal. Excited for it to arrive. And hoping it fits perfectly. :)

basil
05-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Sorry for hijack, do you think that Boden dress would work post-partum as well? I'll likely have a funeral to attend at 4-6 weeks PP...would like pooch to be minimized..

citymama
05-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Sorry for hijack, do you think that Boden dress would work post-partum as well? I'll likely have a funeral to attend at 4-6 weeks PP...would like pooch to be minimized..

Yes, I wore it about 2 months post partum and it worked fine. If wavering between sizes, I would size up in your case, since you may have to account for bigger bust and pooch.