PDA

View Full Version : Do you own multiples of the same item in different colors?

inmypjs
05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
I really like my Athleta Wherever skorts. I have tried other Athleta skorts, but I don't like any of them as well as that style. I already have it in 2 colors - pink and gray. I'm eyeing another color. But 3 of the same item seems a excessive. I am tall and a curvy size 12, and feel like I have a hard time finding bottoms. It is one of those pieces that is comfortable and flattering for me. Thoughts? Are there items that you own multiples of if you love them?

*myfoursons
05-07-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm laughing, as I just picked up 4 pairs of Old Navy 5-inch chino shorts today indifferent colors! I used to buy J Crew chino shorts every summer, but honestly, by the end of the summer they would be a wreck from grass, chlorine, etc. I found the cheapo ones at Old Navy and don't feel badly about replacing them every year. Try run big, so I have to size down, but otherwise they're awesome.

MMMommy
05-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Yes! I am a creature of habit. If there is a sweater, top or pair of capris I like, I will undoubtedly buy it in several colors. I have a friend who laughs at me and says I should be buying different things and never multiples of the same thing. I will even buy two of the SAME color if I really love the item.

ett
05-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Yes I do! I really like the wherever skort too and have it in 3 different colors.

NCGrandma
05-08-2014, 10:20 AM
My mother always bought multiples in different colors when she found something she liked. This led to a lasting family in-joke. Mother found a nice blouse in blue but didn't see any others. When she asked, the clerk said "we also have it in bee-gee." To her credit, Mother kept a straight face when the clerk brought out a beige blouse! (Many years later, that color is still bee-gee in my family.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mommylamb
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't do it a lot, but there are a few items that I have in multiple colors or prints. I would definitely do it for something like a skort, shorts or T-shirts. I mainly don't like to have multiples of work clothes (although there are a few exceptions to that rule).

arivecchi
05-08-2014, 10:45 AM
I do this all the time! My latest obsession is the llbean scrunch vest (have it in black and orange):

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/80734?feat=504729-GN2&page=women-s-scrunch-down-vest

I also bought several of these UA tops to work out:

http://www.zappos.com/under-armour-ua-qualifier-knit-1-4-zip-black-reflective

I even do it for work. I have Boden dresses, vince sweaters and theory pants in different colors. I also have two pairs of the same UGG sandal and Cole Haan wedge. :)

Kindra178
05-08-2014, 11:37 AM
I always do this. Mostly shoes, but many BR and Boden dresses as well. Indeed, I am wearing a BR Fit and Flare dress today in navy and I just ordered it in pink. So comfy.

citymama
05-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Absolutely. If there's a style/brand I love, I'll go right out and buy it in multiple colors. I've done this with shoes/sandals in particular, as well as jeans or pants. Bottoms are harder to fit than tops, and if you're an online shopper buying more items in the same style is better than trial and error.

Athleta is a brand I've done this with a lot - Bettona boyfriend pants/capris, a few dresses that really worked for me, their halter bikinis and Oceanside swim shorts which I LOVE. Splendid layering tees, open cardigans, Boden dresses and tees (and leggings!), Patagonia tees and jackets...I'm a creature of habit and if I like something, I want more of the same!

babyonway
05-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I ALWAYS do this with solid color staples, I have 1 style of shorts in 4 colors, 3 casual capris, 3 Bettona Boyfriends as well as other stiff. I have a loafer that I have a black pair and a brown pair and the other day I walked out of the house with one black shoe on and one brown shoe on LOL.

mikala
05-08-2014, 01:15 PM
I definitely do this too with pants and casual shirts. I have several colors of the Loft Sunwashed tees and I bought my favorite Target belt in black, brown and white. I have a hard time finding shoes that feel good so I have the same comfortable flats on two colors. I'd rather buy two of something that really fits than spend the time to find another item I like as much.

cono0507
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I really like my Athleta Wherever skorts. I have tried other Athleta skorts, but I don't like any of them as well as that style. I already have it in 2 colors - pink and gray. I'm eyeing another color. But 3 of the same item seems a excessive. I am tall and a curvy size 12, and feel like I have a hard time finding bottoms. It is one of those pieces that is comfortable and flattering for me. Thoughts? Are there items that you own multiples of if you love them?

I'm also a tall and curvy size 12 and I'll admit to having more than 3 of the athleta wherever skirts! :)
I buy multiples ALL the time. When it works, it works.

abh5e8
05-08-2014, 02:10 PM
yes! skirts, sweaters, tank tops, shoes. i'm very picky and have a hard time finding things i like, so when I do i buy it in several colors. i joke about my "uniform." :)

Tenasparkl
05-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Yup. I have saltwater sandals in more colors than I care to admit, lots of bettona capris, several of the same vince tshirt in a few colors (and two in black), same joe's jean etc.

ilfaith
05-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I definitely buy basics in more than one color when I find something that fits well. Most recently I bought three colors of Loft tank tops (black, magenta, and navy) and another three sunwashed tees.

I have the same Sketchers sandals in black/pewter and brown/bronze (I haven't mixed them up yet...but years ago I went to work with one brown and one black boot). I have two pairs of Gap skinny khakis (in khaki and red) and The Limited exact stretch pants in grey, black, and a black tonal stripe. I have a drawer full of nearly identical tanks from Target, Old Navy and J. Crew in every color of the rainbow.

SnuggleBuggles
05-08-2014, 05:05 PM
I have like 10 of those Old Navy fold over skirts so I won't judge. :)

lyt202
05-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Absolutely. I will buy basics in multiple colors including tshirts, skirts, pants, and shoes. In shoes alone, I have multiples of the Air Talis, Ugg wedge sandals, jcrew flat ankle strap sandals, and pumps. If I find good work clothes I will usually buy in some combination of black, grey, navy. Usually no more than 2 of the same thing, except for shorts and basic tshirts.

Globetrotter
05-09-2014, 02:28 AM
I tend to buy different colors of bottoms or sometimes shoes but rarely tops.

cookiemonster80
05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Yes :) bettona classics- I have 4 colors! Not counting boyfriends and capris and shorts - but that's all I wear in the winter- especially the fleece lined ones :)

hellokitty
05-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Yup, I do this if I find something I really like.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Neatfreak
05-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh yes. I am seriously regretful that I didn't buy a few more pairs of the Athleta Dipper Shorts before they were discontinued. The one pair I have isn't enough!

inmypjs
05-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Despite all of the encouragement, I decided to branch out a little. I ordered the Whereabout skort in dress blue along with a few sale items - extra 20% off sale items this weekend. If that one doesn't work, I'm getting the Wherever in the royal blue color. Thanks all!

twowhat?
05-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Oh totally!!! I have an Athleta skort, pants, and shorts in duplicates (different colors). I have Title 9 tankini tops, same style differen patterns. Born boots, same style 2 different colors. LOFT cardis, same style in 2 different colors. Lots of tanks from target in different colors, same style. And I've been doing it for years...I have J Crew tissue tees in like 5 colors from YEARS ago that are amazingly still in good enough shape for the grocery store or lounging around. And that's just off the top of my head. I don't feel that it limits me, I feel the opposite. If I find something that has a cut that looks great on me and is versatile, I'll get a lot of use out of 2 or more in different colors! I also have some items of clothing that I wish I had duplicates of in different colors:) It's so hard for me to find something that I feel looks really good on me (challenging body type - crazy hourglass...tiny waist big hips, tiny band size big boobs...twinskin and diastasis) AND makes me feel good so if I hit on an item like that, I go back for more!