PDA

View Full Version : Keep vacation dates, or change dates because BFF is due later that month?

lalasmama
05-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Title says it all, basically.

DH and I planned a family vacation to Disneyland. We scheduled it for August, then we found out middle DD was due the week we were going to be gone, so we changed it to the first weekend of December. We've been at the births of the other 2 grandbabies, and couldn't imagine not being there for this one!... And then 3 weeks ago, BFF announced she's pregnant too, and due in mid-December. While we may not actually *be* there during the birth of BFF's baby, we want to be there in the hours afterward! With her other kids, one baby came 2 weeks late, one came 1 week early.

So... Do we go, or do we stay?! WWYD?

Poll on the way.

blisstwins
05-08-2014, 12:38 AM
I would still go. You never know when she would deliver. How long will you be away? Worst case you come back a few days after the babies are born and while I know that is a disappointment, is this is a BFF it is the time after that when she will need your support.

georgiegirl
05-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Definitely still go. I've never really understood why other people feel the need to visit the baby at the hospital. I always made sure to check I'm anonymously (for Ds1 and 2).

BunnyBee
05-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Go. I'd want my parents to try to meet the baby ASAP, but I wouldn't expect friends to not travel or have plans for a month just in case. The only person obligated to be right there with me is DH!

BDKmom
05-08-2014, 08:33 AM
I would go. I agree with others that she will need you more after the baby comes anyway. I really didn't want people coming to the hospital when I had my DC. Of course, I was there only about 24 hrs after delivery anyway, but all I wanted was to rest.

flashy09
05-08-2014, 08:50 AM
I would go. You have already changed it for a family member and I wouldn't mess with it again. Like others said, she could deliver at any stage. If you are just gone a weekend, you probably will end up being there anyway or just after.