PDA

View Full Version : Bummed for the weekend

Twoboos
05-09-2014, 09:19 AM
DD2 has been sick since Tuesday. So today we are missing her MD program at school. We sent in pics, she made something, there were poems to be read and a picnic for the moms. Nope.

This weekend she was supposed to go camping with Girl Scouts. Her sister is going too. So DH and I would have a weekend ALONE!! We really need it, we had actual stuff to do, along with trying to reconnect, and I even hoped to try to see a comedy show or do something fun, which we never do. We were going to have 36 hours without the kids. Nope.

DD is so sad and disappointed about missing these things ("the best weekend ever!"). I'm sad she's still so sick with no end in sight, and disappointed that my weekend is now going to be a regular weekend, just focussing on the kids.

Bummer. :(

Staraglimmer
05-09-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm so sorry. I can totally relate. I've never had even a day with DH without the girls.

-Stephanie-
mommy to DD1 4/08 &DD2 6/12

elephantmeg
05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
aww, hugs! So sorry!!!!

brittone2
05-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I am so sorry. We have BTDT many times, and in ten years of parenting, have never spent the night away from all of the kids. Every single time it is scheduled to happen, someone gets sick, care falls through, or there's some crisis. Last year FIL passed away, this year over the Christmas holiday something happened with an extended family member that made it a no-go with my parents, etc. It is maddening and depressing at times.

I hope you get the weekend you want very soon.

BunnyBee
05-09-2014, 05:48 PM
That sucks! I'm sorry for you and DD. Disappointing all around. :(

SnuggleBuggles
05-09-2014, 07:24 PM
What a weekend to be sick! :(