PDA

View Full Version : Help!! What Do I Want for Mothers Day????

StantonHyde
05-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't need jewelry. I can't think of anything right now that they could pick out with out me (I could use a new tent or sleeping bag) and I don't want a gift card. I am outdoorsy, sporty, could always use a gadget I suppose but never know what kind. Sad, I know. Any ideas????

KpbS
05-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Flowers and an IOU for a girls weekend?

kristenk
05-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Are there any activities you're (remotely) interested in exploring or getting started with? Maybe something related to that?

StantonHyde
05-09-2014, 10:39 PM
I guess I could always ask for an REI gift card. oh--maybe the newest YA novel in the vein of Divergent/Hunger Games. (I have a stack of "good" books I am trying to get through) I would love a chocolate or wine tasting class (a local place does one night tastings) but I would have to arrange for the sitter etc. But still, that would be fun. (I just recently got back from a week-long backpacking trip and DH stayed home with kids. So no girls weekends for quite some time!!) Ok, these are good thoughts. Keep them coming!!!

rlu
05-10-2014, 02:06 AM
I asked for the Veronica Mars movie on blu-ray.

indigo99
05-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm getting this journal/brag book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RG3B6S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It has a plain brown cover. I kind of wish I'd gotten the sand colored one with lighter pages now, but this one was a few dollars cheaper. It's divided into sections with each having about 5 pages (lined on front and blank on back) then a page for 4x6 photos. DH interviewed the kids (found questions on pinterest such as what does Mommy do while you're at school, how tall is she, what is her favorite place to go etc) and let them draw a photo for me. I got the idea from the other MD thread, but I like that we can do it each year and see how their answers and pictures change. I'm also getting a nice Cross pen.

I actually wanted to see the interview so we did it together this morning. Since we did them both at the same time, we had a problem with the second one always giving the same answer. We may need to split them up next time, but it usually worked to say "OK, but what else?" (does she do to make you happy etc).

lkoala
05-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't need jewelry. I can't think of anything right now that they could pick out with out me (I could use a new tent or sleeping bag) and I don't want a gift card. I am outdoorsy, sporty, could always use a gadget I suppose but never know what kind. Sad, I know. Any ideas????

Maybe a trip to Scheels to pick out stuff or if it was me, I would go for a membership to Red Butte Gardens :)

StantonHyde
05-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Maybe a trip to Scheels to pick out stuff or if it was me, I would go for a membership to Red Butte Gardens :)

I have never been to Scheels--could be interesting. We are already Garden members--I have spent many a wonderful Mother's Day there.

essnce629
05-10-2014, 07:19 PM
A Fitbit One? That's what I got my mom for her birthday last week! DH got me one for Valentine's Day and I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Wireless-Activity-Tracker-Burgundy/dp/B0095PZHYU