PDA

View Full Version : Facebook question?

Melaine
05-10-2014, 08:47 AM
This may be tricky to explain but basically I want to know how to link a public page I am admin on to my personal page. So I have my personal facebook page with all my friends and likes and then I am the only active admin on our homeschool hybrid program's facebook page. Because it's a public page there isn't a way to link or share from my page. For instance, I created an event on my personal page and want to share it on the school page. There is an option that says, "share on page I admin" or something like that but I can't find any way of adding the option to my personal page....does that make sense? I am always seeing events or links on my personal page but I can't share them from the school page because there is no news feed there. Surely there is a way to do this?Thanks for suggestions!

polkadots&moonbeams
05-10-2014, 11:46 AM
So you're wanting to share something from your own personal page to your public homeschool page? This is what I see when I look at mine: click on the 'share' link on the post, then you can select where to share, and select "on a page you manage" from the drop down in the top left.

Melaine
05-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes I do have that option but I don't know how to link my accounts?

SnuggleBuggles
05-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Why do you want them linked? I just don't follow. If you can share the event, what more is missing?

Eta- are you an administrator on the school site? You might not be able to share. And it might be intentional. I wouldn't want our school parent page to get filled w random off topic things, kwim? And it could be a concern of the administrators.

Melaine
05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
I am the only admin on the school site. I am trying to share things from my personal site, to the school site. there is an option to "share on a page I admin" but I don't know how to add the page I admin too....there must be someway to link them. I can't share the event as it is now. I posted a link but it doesn't come up the same way.