PDA

View Full Version : Worst mother's day ever:(

twowhat?
05-11-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm just having a pity party. DH and I had a massive blow-up argument right at the end of the day in front of the kids (DD2 was grumpy most of the day so DH just snapped and then I snapped). We are SO different in parenting style (to the point of disagreeing with each other's approaches, all the time!) that sometimes I wonder if it's even worth trying to fix. Uuuugh:( Worst mother's day ever and I just can't stop crying. It also just doesn't help that DD2 is a really difficult child and precipitates most of our parenting arguments.

maestramommy
05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
:hug: Tomorrow is another day.

Momit
05-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Hugs. Sorry it was a rough day.

ShanaMama
05-11-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry your Mother's Day was ruined. I used to totally disagree with a lot of DH's parenting & try to correct h in the moment. It never helped. ;) I finally realized that he may do things differently than I do but it certainly doesn't help when I'm sitting there undermining what he's doing or telling him how to talk to someone in the middle of their tantrum.
Hugs. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

lmh2402
05-11-2014, 09:25 PM
hugs, mama.

LMPC
05-11-2014, 09:35 PM
HUGS! Sorry your Mother's Day was so crappy. I hope tomorrow's more smooth!

barkley1
05-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm so sorry :( not trying to one up you, but DH and I haven't spoken a kind word since Wednesday, so I had a crappy Mother's Day, too. You're not alone :hug:

TwoBees
05-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Hugs. I'm so sorry. My Mother's Day was pretty similar. It sucks. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

mommy111
05-11-2014, 10:11 PM
So sorry! Hugs!!

weech
05-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Right there with ya... this was definitely the worst mothers day ever. Hugs and hoping tomorrow brings some smiles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sunnyside
05-12-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm sorry. :( I hope tomorrow is a much better day.

Pennylane
05-12-2014, 07:55 AM
Sorry you had a bad day :( Like ShanaMama said above, I have found that it is the worst idea in the world to correct what you see as your partners "parenting mistakes" while they are doing it or in front of dc. If I can't hold my tongue, I usually just leave the room and try to talk about it later.

Hope things get better!

Ann

twowhat?
05-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Sorry you had a bad day :( Like ShanaMama said above, I have found that it is the worst idea in the world to correct what you see as your partners "parenting mistakes" while they are doing it or in front of dc. If I can't hold my tongue, I usually just leave the room and try to talk about it later.

Hope things get better!

Ann

Oh, I completely agree with both you and ShanaMama and we reached this realization a long time ago. But what he did yesterday was WRONG and there was no way I was going to sit back and watch it happen. He was at the end of his rope with DD2. She started crying over something - he told her it was fine to cry because she was disappointed (this is something that took me YEARS to hammer into DH so at least he got that part right), and then he told her she needed to use her words to say what was wrong (which she DID)...and then he YELLED AT HER ANYWAY and continued to yell as she cried harder. OMG, I was so angry so I totally flipped a lid which I realize isn't the greatest reaction but it was a rough day and I snapped too...but I think my "snap" was justified ;). I also realize (now that I can see clearly and not through angry tears) that this should've gone in the BP!!

I'm sorry to all you mamas who also had a bad mother's day:(