PDA

View Full Version : Walking shoes/sneakers for travel?

YouAreTheFocus
05-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Actually need recs for both DH & myself! In the past Keens have always been our go-to travel footwear, for trips that required a lot of walking. Now we are both in need of new "all day on your feet" shoes, and Keens just seem so heavy for the warm weather. Any suggestions? We both need wide toe box, and while we prefer not hideous, do value form/comfort over fashion :)

Thanks!!

hillview
05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I like sneakers honestly. I know that is lame :) I have a pair of ASICS that are bright etc and I love them for travel.

SnuggleBuggles
05-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Dh likes his Tevas. I like my Merrels, if I have to be out all day.

Mommy_Mea
05-12-2014, 02:57 PM
I bought a pair of Onitsuka Tiger Serrano prior to our Hawaii/San Francisco trip. They are so comfortable! I have wide feet, and they fit really well. I love the purple/pink combination:

http://www.amazon.com/Onitsuka-Tiger-Serrano-Lace-Up-Fashion/dp/B00AK8QB7I/ref=sr_1_5?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1399920965&sr=1-5&keywords=Onitsuka+Tiger+Serrano

wendibird22
05-12-2014, 03:03 PM
For you...the Ahnu Karma. Love these shoes. I do find they run a bit big. I normally wear a 6 and have them in a 6 and while they fit I'm pretty sure I could've gone with a 5.5. http://www.amazon.com/Ahnu-Womens-Karma-Flat-Black/dp/B005EQEUAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1399921242&sr=1-1&keywords=ahnu

I wore them for 5 days straight at WDW from rope drop to 6pm daily and my feet never hurt. And believe me, I have the pickiest, crankiest feet ever and generally can't stand/walk for long in anything. In high school I was a cashier and an 8hr shift would have me in tears by the end. And yet, these shoes are bliss.

AustenFan
05-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Wow, I just ordered a pair of Ahnus per wendibird22's recommendation (I was getting on to post OP's exact question here), and they are AMAZING! Super comfortable, perfect for my wider-since-kids feet, and cuter than my keens. I got them from Nordstrom and then noticed they're $30 cheaper on amazon. Thanks for the rec!

gymnbomb
05-18-2014, 06:50 AM
I like sneakers honestly. I know that is lame :) I have a pair of ASICS that are bright etc and I love them for travel.

Yeah, I have lots of cuter shoes but definitely grab my sneakers for casual all day standing/walking days! I do not even consider it lame, I consider it good planning and keeping my feet happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

specialp
05-18-2014, 07:25 AM
I have these, love them, can walk all day. http://www.amazon.com/ECCO-Womens-1-2-Mary-10-10-5/dp/B007U1BY7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400412099&sr=8-1&keywords=ecco+biom+lite+mary+jane

DH wears his running shoes or vibrams, but he is used to long distances so vacation walking never bothers him.

twowhat?
05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Depending on the type of walking (theme park vs hiking over hardened lava, LOL), I really prefer an open shoe. My Teva Zirras were awesome, awesome, awesome for Disneyland. I have a wide toe box as well and I have learned that less material covering my foot is better because it means less area to actually rub on my foot and cause pain.

Now, for hiking (depending on what kind of hiking) I would wear more protective footwear. But for just walking (theme park, vacation in the city, whatever) in warm weather - sandals all the way for me!

My DH on the other hand was fine in sneakers. But he has a very narrow foot. My foot is just weird. It's very rectangular, and my feet swell in the heat which makes closed shoes that much more uncomfortable.

ahisma
05-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Chacos. Thicker strap, because the thin ones twist. No toe strap, but with a heel strap. Great support. I wear them pretty much all summer, from kayaking to traveling, to work (client is in a beach town).

These: http://www.amazon.com/Chaco-Womens-Yampa-Sandal-Black/dp/B004OG68UC/ref=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1400892496&sr=1-2&keywords=chacos

mikala
05-23-2014, 10:34 PM
You might check out Privo shoes. I also like Merrell and Teva sandals for long walk days. The teva tirra is great for wide feet.

Barkingdogshoes.com also has some great suggestions and she usually says whether a specific shoe works for wider feet.