PDA

View Full Version : Newborn spitting up through nose?

theriviera
05-13-2014, 03:28 PM
My 12 day old is a big spitter/vomiter and it almost always also comes out her nose. I'm off dairy.

Is this just an immature digestive system or something that I should be worried about?

ArizonaGirl
05-13-2014, 05:13 PM
I would worry if she was in noticeable discomfort (arching, crying, fussy, etc).

Full Disclaimer: My first had horrible reflux and was on multiple meds until he was 2.5 years old. My youngest was your classic happy spitter and was never on any reflux meds.

hellbennt
05-13-2014, 09:02 PM
[for reflux check out www.infantreflux.org/forum - I'm not saying it is - only if there's pain]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter
05-14-2014, 06:37 AM
DS3 would spit up everytime he ate He was not uncomfortable and gained weight. Watch for fussiness and lack of weight gain. Tummy time after he ate really helped

Indianamom2
05-14-2014, 09:15 AM
I believe my Ds did that as well. He did have reflux and poor weight gain though. Just keep an eye on her and don't be afraid to go with your gut if you think that there might be an issue.

Simon
05-14-2014, 12:36 PM
All my kids did that, with or without additional reflux/GI symptoms. Its likely just overeating plus its all connected up there so not at all uncommon for nose to be involved in early spit-up, IME.